Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked one up recently, basically the plan is for the Wife to abscond with it...
so I can get my Blued 24/7 Compact back from her ;)

However, it has a black coating of crud on the pink rubber that doesn't want to come off with the usual methods...
smells like burnt gunpowder & sweat...so, how do I get it off??

I'm planning on taking a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to it tomorrow...
unless there's a good reason I shouldn't?

Hrmm...just had a thought, what if she decides to keep em BOTH??

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Never seen a pink one personally, I wonder if what you're seeing is the black base coming through where the pink wore off.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
as this is one of the models that has the drop safety issue and is under repair/recall I wouldn't do anything to it unless I had decided to not return it for inspection.
good chance you will not get that weapon back.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never seen a pink one personally, I wonder if what you're seeing is the black base coming through where the pink wore off.
Nope, it is its own polymer, completely pink all the way thru...
the black ribber grip is a wrap-around.
Technology Everyday carry Electronic device

Discovered that soap & water don't do squat to it...
but oddly enough, a Clorox Wipe and some scrubbing got it clean again :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as this is one of the models that has the drop safety issue and is under repair/recall
I wouldn't do anything to it unless I had decided to not return it for inspection.
good chance you will not get that weapon back.
Not too worried about it, as I live in Florida, so a run to Miami Lakes isn't out of the question ;)
They've got a new safety assembly that can be installed which is supposed to alleviate the issue.
However, since they currently aren't making any Pink G2's yet...I'd have to do it in person,
so that it wouldn't just be lumped into a bucket and possibly messed up.
Heck, if they'd send it out I'd install it myself...

Wifey & I are retired military, so both of us are pretty much in the category of,
"If you drop it, you follow it to the ground!"...which means we don't drop guns.

Still think most of the incidents were due to folks not understanding the three-way safety on 'em.
It does work a little differently...
In any case, when we get to the range it'll get a full testing :)
If there are any issues other than the drop safety, a trip to Miami Lakes will be called for.
As far as the DS, I'll have to test that with a dummy case...just to make sure it doesn't inadvertantly go Bang.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts