Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, some of you know I purchased a PII thursday, I went to the range today. All I can say is WOW.. below are 50yd shots,second the target is 50yds with 5 magazines through it and the first is 50yds and 1 8 round magazine, the holes in the corners are where the staples held the target to the board and not bullet holes

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice shooting.

Reactions: Tape

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:clap:Congrats on your beautiful new acquisition!

The grips are really nice and your shooting is most impressive. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Very Sweet!! Looks like you'll have to give up coffee now, to tighten up those groups. :D

Originally Posted by Zylo_X
PTL!! At least you didn't spend that much for a kimber.
Congrats, I hope, and think you will be quite satisfied. Looking forward to a range report.

OK, so nice hole in paper... So do you like it?? :D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Definitely shows that you get what you pay for! I read an article about a gun writer making a fair number of 100 yard shots with an Ed Brown 1911. I would think that with the cost and the build quality, you really should expect to get that kind of performance from a Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson, etc.

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely shows that you get what you pay for! I read an article about a gun writer making a fair number of 100 yard shots with an Ed Brown 1911. I would think that with the cost and the build quality, you really should expect to get that kind of performance from a Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson, etc.
I wouldn't have believed you until I bought this pistol, the range has a 12"diameter steel plate set up at at 125yds and I hit it aprox 4-5 out of 8 shots. There were people having trouble hitting it with a rifle, this pistol will make a regular shooter shine.

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very Sweet!! Looks like you'll have to give up coffee now, to tighten up those groups. :D

Originally Posted by Zylo_X
PTL!! At least you didn't spend that much for a kimber.
Congrats, I hope, and think you will be quite satisfied. Looking forward to a range report.

OK, so nice hole in paper... So do you like it?? :D
thanks, man I love this pistol. When I 1st purchased this pistol it drilled in my head "are you an idiot for paying this much for a pistol" then I took it to the range and never thought about that again. I think you need to own a couple of other 1911's before you get one like this one to appreciate it's potential.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I'm truly Happy for you, and just a little NVus. :D

OK, so now the hard (or stupid) question?? Would the $12-$1800 Kimber give a comparable increase in 'shootability' over the $600 Taurus?? Or, said another way, is price point any indication or reflection on 'shootability'??

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm truly Happy for you, and just a little NVus. :D

OK, so now the hard (or stupid) question?? Would the $12-$1800 Kimber give a comparable increase in 'shootability' over the $600 Taurus?? Or, said another way, is price point any indication or reflection on 'shootability'??
I would buy a Taurus before I bought a kimber, I never owned one but have shot many at my lgs. kimber do not use forged parts. They do have a very good design/blueing shop and like ford mustangs, they're everywhere, even one by the back door:) price point is a chart to see how many crazy people live in a certain area.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
... price point is a chart to see how many crazy people live in a certain area.
Well then, I guess you just blew the top off the Bell Curve in your 'hood. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts