Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Sweet looking gun you got for free. How did you manage that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a finish mower that was give to me,,the guy traded me the gun an some cash for the mower

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thats a hell of a good trade!!! Congrats and beautiful PT92!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a beauty. My PT99AFS is my favorite and most accurate pistol. Best of luck.
DSC_0037.JPG

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Very nice pairing of the stainless with those grips, though one thing worries me about that safety/decocker in the picture. Did the decocker get pinned down on the grips? Did you lock it down there somehow? Or is the return spring missing off that lever and it has to be moved back up into fire position manually?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Nice trading!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice pairing of the stainless with those grips, though one thing worries me about that safety/decocker in the picture. Did the decocker get pinned down on the grips? Did you lock it down there somehow? Or is the return spring missing off that lever and it has to be moved back up into fire position manually?
it locks down like that,,it flips back up manually as far as I know,,

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sounds like a very good trade. Nice looking pistol.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Super trade!

I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have mine!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
it locks down like that,,it flips back up manually as far as I know,,
To be safe, please make sure of that. It looks to me like that is the pre-decocker model, so if you had a round chambered, you would be 'hot'. Up for Safe, down for Fire.

P.S.
Sweet deal. Good looking gun, and nothing beats free guns. :D

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Great deal--- congrats!! I always hear these stories, its better when they are true and pictures prove it -- I always hear about the guy who heard of the 53 Vette under a blanket in a barn that SONEONE bought for $75.

YOU DONE GOOD!!!!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Life is not fair. ...... Congratulations

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
To be safe, please make sure of that. It looks to me like that is the pre-decocker model, so if you had a round chambered, you would be 'hot'. Up for Safe, down for Fire.

P.S.
Sweet deal. Good looking gun, and nothing beats free guns. :D
the decocker on this gun has 3 positions, all the way up has the safety on(notice the red dot),cant pull the trigger all the way back,,when set level to the gun barrel you can pull the trigger and hammer moves and would fire,,it wont go to the 3rd position unless the gun is cocked and then you push it down and the hammer comes back to a safe position and trigger moves freely and will not recock the gun hammer,,which is were it is in the picture.,you have to push it back to the level position manually

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
That's not normal or typical.
I dont know much about the gun,you say it should spring back ? when you push it down it sort of locks in until pushed back,,would love more info on this,,as this one clicks into position and clicks back when pushed up,,seems like its made that way,,but as I said I know nothing about this style gun

1 - 20 of 32 Posts