Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barrel is rubbing against top right of slide, can I FIX THIS OR DOES THE GUN NEED TO GO BACK TO TAURUS. IMG_0709.JPG Hard to see the barrel stays against the slide in open or closed position. IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.jpg IMG_0714.JPG Thankyou Mtdogman:(

·
Administrator
35,561 Posts
Is this from just racking it, or did you take it to the range? Have you broken it down and put it back together to be sure everything is aligned correctly?

·
Registered
27,633 Posts
How's the accuracy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have fired this gun for a total of 25 rounds, I have taken it apart and cleaned it for a total of 3 times , when put back together it always alings up the same way.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Barrel rub is normal. Normally you don't see it because the barrel is hidden in the slide. With your pistol, the barrel is exposed. It is a cosmetic thing. If you are concerned that it may be an alignment/function problem, contact Taurus and express your concerns. Have you seen this on similar pistols?

You've cleane the pistol three times with only 25 rounds down the barrel? I can see the initial cleaning and lubrication and maybe a light cleaning after the 25 rounds. It should be cleaned but not until after 50 or 100 rounds unless your gun is really dirty.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Is this from just racking it, or did you take it to the range? Have you broken it down and put it back together to be sure everything is aligned correctly?
Yeah, what he said^
I have been toying with the idea of getting one of these pistols or the Beretta equivalent and had wondered about this exact wear item and how long it would take to become plainly visible, guess my question is answered. I told myself if I got one and the barrel wear were to ugly I would polish the barrel to help hide the wear marks. ....has anyone done that here?...pics if so?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is from the range, yes taken apart and put back together, no matter what the barrel still rides the top right of the slide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a beretta 84 since 2002 have put thousands of rounds through it no wear marks like his pic, like most lower cost firearms money is saved on Finish. Just a lower quality bluing.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Mine rubs too,since day one 1992.never a problem except I have to keep a light film of oil there.Edit,on the right side as well as the top of the barrel under the slide as the slide rubbing on the top of the barrel is normal anyway plus the holster marks she has,its like "burnished"?.well worn but not put away wet.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Watch it when you say RUB, I almost busted out a brisket!

Reactions: taurusgunner

·
Registered
27,633 Posts
Watch it when you say RUB, I almost busted out a brisket!
Go to the diner.
Looks like Sunday will be smokin' day.

Reactions: ozzy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts