Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just picked up this the other day. It was made back in 01 and sat in an old mans safe ever since. Never fired and only handled minimally. A friend of mine bought a new Beretta Vertec and he actually prefers my Taurus over it! ;D Are the special editions very rare?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
dont know, i doubt it's rare nor worth much, i mean.. taurus in general has very poor resell value.. special or not im afraid in my non expert opinion it's not gonna be worth much.

the handles are purdy btw.. not a fan of the gold acents.. although it actually looks like polished copper in the picture.

dump the case btw, i got one with my beretta.. they're junk.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Spoonmectr,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.

Secondly, while not rare, the gold accented PT92s are made in fewer numbers than the standard blue and stainless versions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I know its not a collectors item but I like it cause you dont see one like it everyday. I was also thinking about putting on some black pearl grips just to make it that much different.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice pistol. It is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
If we are not careful a lot of guns will become collector items in the next few years.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sweeeeeeet !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heck yea. I took it today and there were two other guys there shooting. They both wanted to shoot it then they wanted to buy it!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I'm glad to hear you had such an enjoyable day at the range with it. In fact after looking at yours and then replying the first time, I shut the PC down and proceeded to take mine outside and run 150 rounds through it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Gorgeous!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!! Around here, the specials are about $100 more than the standards new. I don't see any used at the dealers or gun shows, so most people that have them must keep 'em. Sure is a pretty weapon.

·
Registered
190 Posts
nice pistol....i'd really like to see it with the black pearl grips :D were can you pick black pearl grips for the pt92??? i'd like a set for my stainless

1 - 19 of 19 Posts