Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see some pics of custom work on PT92s and 99s. I'm looking for finishes, sights, grips, as well as any trigger or action work. Also list where the work was done. Trying to get ideas for my Pt99.

Thanks
Aloysius

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These aren't the best pictures but here they are anyway.

Pretty much a stock PT-99 except for the sights. The original rear sight broke, so I sent it to Tooltech Gunsight and had trijicons installed. The new rear sight mount is much sturdier than the one from the factory.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the standard pt92 like that but without the adjustable rear sight but i plan on getting one. I already have the hogue grips and polished the whole sides of the slide. I gotta barrow my friends camera.

·
Registered
190 Posts
adam731432 said:
I already have the hogue grips and polished the whole sides of the slide. I gotta barrow my friends camera.
how do you like your houge grips? ive been thinking about getting them but was unsure if it made the grips feel fater.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never had the hogue, but I had the pachmayr finger groove grips. They were too large for my hands. I'd like to get some plain black checkered grips, but I can never find anything but the hogue.

·
Registered
418 Posts
To be honest they seem a little thicker but i have large hands and it doesn't bother me even though i prefer the thin grips on my competition beretta. I even if they were a little large for me i love the hogue grip texture. I have two ruger 10/22s and a rem700 sps tactical in .223,and a mossberg 500 all with hogue over mold stocks.

I also plan on installing a
beretta over travel adjustable trigger
stainless steel recoil rod with built on recoil buffer
captured 15-18lb wolf recoil spring
stainless or chromed grip screws
extended magazine release?
lwd unbreakable firing pin return spring unit
Beretta D (DA only) model hammer spring to reduce trigger pull

taurus 917 extended 20 round magazines
stainless steel match grade ported & extended barrel. I would like an internal ported barrel further back behind the barrel hood in a style like this.

and a Laser-Lyte SCL Sub Compact Laser

I also plan on eventually trying to install a beretta trigger bar,skeltonized hammer and controls(slide release,safety/decocker,takedown lever,ect.) but im not shure if im going with black,polished,or chromed parts.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
im planing on trying a beretta elite hammer as well.. but i must ask why replace the levers from a beretta on it? i mean.. mine seem fine to me.

let me know how any of that goes, im keeping a list of compatible parts.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine are fine. It's just something i want to try in the future to see if they are compatable. Also the beretta trigger seems to break cleaner and more crisp so i would like to try the beretta trigger bar and sear along with the beretta hammer.

Another reason is the beretta adjustable trigger and skelitonized hammer im putting on it will be polished steel but the safety/decocker levers, slide release,and take down lever will be chromed and won't match. I would like to go either all polished stainless or all beretta black because the black beretta controls have a special rust resistant finsih.

I don't want to change every thing about the gun. I like how the magazine release button is easier to push than my berettas.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I received my repaired pachmayr grips for my pt92.. it actually looked like they drilled out the holes a bit to much but they seem to fit securely and fine.. although a real pita to get on. :'(

these are FAT grips.. at first i did'nt think i would like them.. but after i fondled it a little bit i kinda likem now.. while bigger and fatter the better grip they provide feels pretty bad ass.

Im also using the rubber back strap that comes with them.. even if you dont like the size of the grips the back strap is really nice, i dont know if you can buy them by themselves but even when i had standard plastic grips the rubber back strap improved the feel.

it's a stock PT92.. only changes are grips and a beretta "D" hammer spring.. im planing on testing out a beretta elite hammer if they will fit (unsure yet), and possibly a recoil buffer for it.

it's a big gun but i like it's size and heft.. a most perfectly designed pistol in my humble opinion.

excuse the poor photo quality i have a older camera and this was done with a folded up white T-shirt and my desk lamp :p

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just ordered a black Elite II Skeletonized Hammer and Beretta D spring for 33 dollars and a black beretta adjustable trigger along with the fobus 92 vertec holster. I will let you know how it works when they come in. I assume these parts are the new brunitron finish so i would like to get the beretta brunitroned trigger bar, slide release,and take down lever. If they don't work i will have to go with a set of black controls from Taurus for the black pt92 to match the trigger and hammer. Like the beretta INOX(stainless).

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/089655000/89655659/pix19152437.jpg
http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/089655000/89655659/pix19152375.jpg

The Elite II hammer is Skeletonized but heavier & thicker in profile than the Elite I.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts