Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 917 back and here's the pics I promised with the 92 and 917 next to each other. My 92 has Pachmayr grips, the 917 is stock.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Golfnut, the Pachmayrs make your PT92 stand out even more.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I knew the slide was 1/2 inch shorter . Since the barrel is 1" shorter than the 92's,and it only comes only comes out of the 92 slide 1/2 inch, so the slide is also 1/2 shorter on the 917 with a flush fit barrel. I saw the pair at GunsNAmmo but didn't wanna ask to put one on top of the other :)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, while in my local gun shop, the one guy there pulled out that 917, and boy did it fit my hand, I also tried the comparable Ruger. Of the two, for fit and aim (if I had more money, the 917 would have a new home.) But as I needed something small and light, (even though the empty 917 did not feel much heavier than my PT111 loaded), Yep, that sure seems like if I go for a larger semi auto to be more my style than a 1911.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok, now I want one of each.

·
Banned
23 Posts
golfnut said:
I finally got my 917 back and here's the pics I promised with the 92 and 917 next to each other. My 92 has Pachmayr grips, the 917 is stock.
Nice pics, golfnut!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the 917?

Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts