Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went to shoot at the range today, took a couple pics of 3 of the targets. One at 25, one at 15, and one at 10. Not extremely happy with the 25yard target, but hey, it's a VERY short barrel gun. (PT111 G2 9mm). Took my time on the 25 yard target, just wasn't feeling it today I guess ;). Improved with the 15, taking my time... and the 10 yard ...well, I unloaded it almost as fast I could, just taking time to get back on target.

25yard.jpg 25 yards

15yard.jpg 15 yards

10yard.jpg 10 yards

Not to bad for an old guy... I wasn't to unhappy with the 10 yards... at least I know I can hit the broadside of a barn lol :) So, be gentle.

Was a fun time though... not alot of people in there today, musta been to hot to get out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice shootin'! That G2 will do what you need it to if the time ever comes. Hopefully you get to just shoot it at the range, but it's comforting to know that IF you were in a "bad guy" situation...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
That's some good shootin'. I normally shoot at 7 yards with mine, and don't do much better than you did at 10.

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
Nice shooting. 25 yards with the PT-111 is not easy.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
24,762 Posts
Nice shooting. There is no doubt, that target is dead.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Good shooting. It's also good that you practice at 25 yards. Although most handgun shootings happen up close, that doesn't mean all of them do. If the BG is shooting at you from that distance, you should still be justified legally. As the certified courtroom expert witness Mas Ayoob once said, "if you can hit him at a certain distance, that means the BG could also hit you at that distance."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I LOVE shooting at 25 yards with the G2. That day wasn't a great day, my hand wasn't as steady enough I guess. I find, that if I practice some at 25 yards, it actually makes it EASIER to shoot anything closer. It is not easy to put lead on target at 25 yards with a 3.2" barrel gun... not impossible by any means, but it isn't easy either. So I like to practice some at that distance and try to continually improve my groupings. The cool part is when after thousands of rounds from a 3.2" barrel gun, and someone wants you to shoot their 5" barrel gun, it's like shooting a rifle... :) :) I actually usually only shoot the G2's ... I seldom even pick up another gun. I have a couple others, but the G2's fit in my hand like they were custom made for it...just comfortable. So, I'll just keep plinking away at the range with my little G2's and see if I can improve with more rounds. I'm starting to become afraid I might wear the barrel out of my favorite one I shoot it so much...lol.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Nice shooting.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
That's some nice shooting! I was breaking in a new Rock Island Compact
1911 today so my range pictures would not have been as nice as yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts