Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a PT145SSP now as a carry gun. My local Sportsman's Warehouse (Reno, NV) got me a new Blue PT1911 with the factory night sights due on Wednesday. I went there last Friday. They had one in stock with the night sights but the finish was a bit marred in a few spots because it was a display gun. I asked if they would take off 10% on it and I'd buy it right there. The gun manager said his margin was too low but then he offered to get me a new one in the box by this Wednesday so I certainly said yes. $599.99 with the night sights. Pretty decent deal I think.

I've been going back and forth between the STI Spartan, the lower end SA's, RIA, etc. but I kept coming back to the PT1911.

Can't wait to fire it. I'll be sure to post a report as soon as I do.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Be sure to post some pics when you get it. Welcome From MO

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us Reeek. Congratulations as well on your new PT1911. The number of those here who own them seems to be growing on a daily basis. I think once you have your new Taurus in hand, you'll be extremely pleased with it's fit, finish and performance on the range.

Additionally, if you'd like to post pictures once you have it, you can here and/or in the member's gallery.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will certainly post pics as soon as I get it. Wednesday ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
200 rounds of WWB 230 JHP and UMC 230 ball with ZERO malfunctions

The first round in one of the two mags wanted to nose dive but that was a tight magazine. The second fill loosened it up enough to run flawlessly the rest of the session. The other mag was perfect the whole time.

This is my first 5" gun and it's by FAR the most accurate handgun I own. The 8 ring on my targets is 5" in diameter. When I was out to 25 stepped off yards I hit the 8 ring or better with about half the shots I fired from 25. When I fired from 10 yards I basically blew a 3" ragged hole in the center of the target after I found my sight line. It was pretty much 6 o'clock. I have never shot this good to date. Period.

As for the trigger, it a fantastic trigger. It's crisp, I feel no discernable take up and no over travel at all. I'd say it breaks at around 3.5 - 4.5 pounds. Keep in mind I have three striker fired pistols and then the P-01 to judge by. I still think this would be considered a great trigger by most average Joe's.

I'm totally sold so far. I was a bit disappointed that I had to adjust the rear sight but it was easy. After I loosened the set screw I was able to tap the sight over with a chop stick and hammer. I centered the sight with the firing pin. The front sight was dead on from the factory.

The slide to frame fit is way tight and the overall fit and finish is fantastic on my particular pistol.

$599.99 with Heinie tritiums. I'm totally delighted thus far. We'll see how it holds up.

So far two thumbs WAY up.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks for the in-depth review Reeek. From the various accounts I've read from other PT1911 owners, the consensus seems to be people are extremely pleased with them.

I have roughly 1K rounds through mine now without any hitches - no failures to feed, fire or eject, period. I don't anticipate any either, it just runs like a top -- though I can say that about every Taurus I've ever owned.

:)

Best Wishes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts