Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arright, I want new grips. I've looked at a ton. I can't decide on color. Sometimes I think dark looks good, sometimes I think light looks good.

I ruled out rattlesnake skin. To busy a pattern.

Here's what I got. Your opinions and suggestions appreciated. What would you put on it?

Premium Member
I bought the faux stag grips on my 1911 from Sportsman Guide, also check out Ajax.com.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those stag look good. Are they thicker than the factory grips?

Registered
Smoke, I kinda figured you for the pearl type. ;.)

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I looked at some of those too. Too danged bright and overpower the looks of the firearm. Floral Mesquite says Smokewagon... :D

Premium Member
Yes. Some fitting was required. I also had to enlarge/countersink the screw holes.

Registered
Smoke, my SS PT1911 wears rosewood double diamonds. I have seen the mesquite and agree that it is a great choice.

Registered
sbb said:
Smoke, I kinda figured you for the pearl type. ;.)
Didn't George S. Patton answer that pearl handles were for pimps when asked about the custom grips on his pistols? His were ivory.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So many good options. What to do? :-\

Registered
Purchase a set of each that fits your fancy. Change them out on a daily basis to match your Tony Lama's. At least thats what my wife says about her shoes and bags. ;D

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
You should gold plate your trigger and safety and stick with the rattlesnake grips! :D

That would be pimpin for sure.

Administrator
With No Apologies whatsoever to the right honourable General Patton,

Custom Colt 1911 with White Pearlite Grips and Pearce Finger-Groove underlay from Ajax Grips

Ajax also has Black Pearlite Grips which would look better on a Stainless 1911.
http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/ajax?set=06

The Pearce Finger Groove underlay can go under ANY grips using normal grip screws and will not appreciably bulk out the gripping area.
http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/pearce?set=08

Registered
I've been playing around with different grips on mine as well. I love my subdued punisher grips, but after installing a MSH magwell, they just don't look right. So I've got some Alumagrips commin.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts