Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the 738 today. 7 day wait in RI. I really like this little gun Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Technology Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun but It's gonna need some tinkering. I have not shot it yet but it will not feed hollow points. Every one jams on the bottow of the feed ramp. It will hand cycle round nose rounds and snap caps fine. I'm going to do the TCP improvements shown on here so hopefully that helps. Can't wait to shoot it. My wife picked it out and I think shes gonna like it too. I'm actually glad it doesnt cycle perfect. Gives me plenty of time to tinker and shoot it before I have to hand it over.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I one in November and have put 200 rounds through it without a problem but I have yet to try HP's. I love mine. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
From one RI'er to another.....Congrats on a great little gun!

Yeah.....7 day wait around here!

Got mine from D&L about three months ago and haven't had any issues with it. It's LOTS of fun to shoot. Pretty snappy and I like the trigger It's a "C" series. Haven't put any hollow points through it but about 300 rounds of brass cased, 95g, FMJ (various brands) without a hitch. They're easy to break down and clean you just need to be careful about scratching the finish.

There's lots of step by step videos on YouTube on field stripping and cleaning.

You gotta' wait for the state range to open in April?

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Clean and lube it then shoot, shoot shoot. When mine was new it would not feed the WWB flat nose ammo. After a couple hundred rounds it fed and fired everything.

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
215 Posts
Its a nice little pistol I have the c series and have had no problems shooting anything a friend is selling one for 150 I may pick up for my Dad

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd buy 3 more if I could find em for $150

Reactions: Doclark

·
Registered
398 Posts
Picked up the 738 today. 7 day wait in RI. I really like this little gun View attachment 44829 View attachment 44830 but It's gonna need some tinkering. I have not shot it yet but it will not feed hollow points. Every one jams on the bottow of the feed ramp. It will hand cycle round nose rounds and snap caps fine. I'm going to do the TCP improvements shown on here so hopefully that helps. Can't wait to shoot it. My wife picked it out and I think shes gonna like it too. I'm actually glad it doesnt cycle perfect. Gives me plenty of time to tinker and shoot it before I have to hand it over.
Another forum member helped me out with a similar feeding issue. Try this http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700-s/75973-tcp-magazine-mod-feeding-enhancement-pic.html

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
My wife saw some pictures of one while I was looking at it on the computer and commented that it was a nice looking gun????

I can hope can't I?

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Do the mods listed under the http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/40279-tcp-738-reliability-enhancements.html, but I would suggest you hold off on any magazine modifications until after you shoot it and see how it does. I would run a few hundred round nose through it first before trying the HP rounds. Let the gun break in before introducing that round. They are good little guns, and my wife's runs like a top, so I would expect you will have good luck with yours too.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tweaked the lips on the mags and wow!!! What a difference!!! It will hand cycle anything beautifully now. No issue with the hollow points at all. I can't wait to shoot this little gun!

Reactions: 44wcf

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new TCP!

Hand-cycling a tiny gun like the TCP doesn't produce the same effect as when you are firing live ammo through it.

I have a feeling you're really going to be pleased once you pump some rounds through the little tyke. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
MilProGuy is right... don't make any assumptions based on hand cycling the SD rounds. Mine will hand cycle ball ammo and snap caps too, but it also has a tendency to "stick" when I hand feed hollow points. However, mine hasn't had any FTL while firing ball or hollow points so far. I have noticed that everything is getting smoother as I've gotten more rounds down range too. Good luck, be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know that hand cycling and shooting is very different. But, it would not chamber Winchester PDX1 at all before I tweaked the mags. It sent the hollow points straight into the bottom of the feed ramp. It chambers and cycles them beautifully now. I did notice today that the loaded chamber indicator does not work. Any ideas??

Reactions: 44wcf
1 - 20 of 21 Posts