Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my little Taurus 62 ss pump rifle that I had convinced our lgs to sell to me instead of give to his daughter. While there, I picked up a Rossi 92c - oh boy - it fit soo nicely that it came home with me too! DH just lubed the two for me and we are off to the range right now- will give a report later! The rifle at the top is the Rossi.:)

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got home from the range-ohhh doggy, what fun!Both are super accurate and worked flawlessly well. We just shot 38's thru the Rossi 92-it was so smooth with no kick at all.The little Taurus 62 22lr was a blast-vey light, easy to function, very rewarding -it'nice to see those10's!!!I am short and have short arms and it was very comfortable for me to fuction both rifles, plus I like the balance to the 16" barrells. Yippeeeeee!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really nice.....no exaggeration.The pump is awesome.Got ammo?[and how is the 94 since it came home?]
Sr Fisherman: the 94 went back to sunny Florida-again 'cause the transfer bar broke after 200rounds of gettng it back the second time!!!!Super bummer!!!!You know I couln't have forced the revolver -I'm a geeze-ette and my hands aren't strong enough! IT'S gotta' be failure due to the wrong/poor quality material. So far everything that the Taurus tech guys have fixed has been really fixed, but there's a lot going on inside a revolver,so apparently there's More to be fixed! I was kind to disappointed, of course.Meanwhile, I think we're gonna' have lots to fun with these carbines. If you ever find a liitle Taurus 62 for sale, do not even think about it -just get it!!!It's really kind of sad that they aren't made any More 'cause a whole lot to folks are missing out to all the fun! And the Rossi 92c was great fun for both DH and I to shoot-we usually can't shoot each others rifles due to the size differences! Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Really nice.....no exaggeration.
The pump is awesome.
Got ammo?
[and how is the 94 since it came home?]

went and looked......."and Better than EVER!"---sekol
missed it on the 11th....:(
When I buy the next thing I think is SHOOT! None of that "i haven't gotten to the range yet..." i see reviews an sights like Buds where people will post a review before firing a shot - go figger. Glad to hear about the fun time!

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
He already has - see post #7!! A man after my own heart. Buy gun at noon >> plan range trip post results by 4!

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
Nice rifles! :drool:

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I don't understand the transfer bar breaking.......
My 94 is a 2004 and has been flawless.
Maybe it has something to do directly with the heavy
spring, although mine is the same....just older.

The [my] 94 will shoot any round that one of
my others fail to ignite.
I know the spring is heavy.......did they change the metal
composition in the t-bar ????

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I don't understand the transfer bar breaking.......My 94 is a 2004 and has been flawless.Maybe it has something to do directly with the heavyspring, although mine is the same....just older.The [my] 94 will shoot any round that one ofmy others fail to ignite.I know the spring is heavy.......did they change the metalcomposition in the t-bar ????
My previously owned 4" 94 (also from 2004!!)shoots any type to 22lr round I put thru it - DH & I have "customized" the innards some; it shoots purty good! Part of that was lightening the hammer spring &we had to make several adjustments to prevent Ftf's- I still get one every once in a while but then again I shoot some crummy ammo, too, just to be able to have something to shoot. Apparently the broken transfer bar is not an uncommon occurrence from posts I've read about new 94's here on TA -so it must be due to a change in material, I would think.By the time my new 5inch 94 comes back from Florida it'll be totally re-built & customized.It'll be worth it, but it's hard to wait!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your 2 new firearms.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Ya , Sekol.....it's hard to send the babies south on vacation....
leaving you back up in the cold!
I've only had to send one in all these years.
[they coulda took me with them :)]

The 605's I have are 'green' springs [paint on the
springs to designate weight]
and the 94 is a 'yellow' spring.
The 605 springs seem to be strong enough to
ignite a rimfire, although they are for a centerfire.
I have thought about swapping one out for the other
but I haven't yet. They are identical in size and
wouldn't take but minutes to do so. Maybe some day.
They all just shoot so well, I just let the sleeping dogs lay.
The 94 spring has become less of a 'gorilla' over time......
but the hammer spur is still very small and very sharp.

Of course, with that new SWEET little pump......I think
you can easily get by until the 94 comes home again.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya , Sekol.....it's hard to send the babies south on vacation....
leaving you back up in the cold!
I've only had to send one in all these years.
[they coulda took me with them :)]

The 605's I have are 'green' springs [paint on the
springs to designate weight]
and the 94 is a 'yellow' spring.
The 605 springs seem to be strong enough to
ignite a rimfire, although they are for a centerfire.
I have thought about swapping one out for the other
but I haven't yet. They are identical in size and
wouldn't take but minutes to do so. Maybe some day.
They all just shoot so well, I just let the sleeping dogs lay.
The 94 spring has become less of a 'gorilla' over time......
but the hammer spur is still very small and very sharp.

Of course, with that new SWEET little pump......I think
you can easily get by until the 94 comes home again.
Thanks for the brain tickle about the springs - I might just get some and when I have some time to play around with the 4" 94 swamp 'em out and see what happens! I've got replacement 94 springs from Taurus that we clipped and played with, but I really appreciate the spring info input since I'm always looking to make things better if I can! That 4" 94 has taught me an awful lot and I'm not too scared to open it up and play a wee bit!

I sure as heck wouldn't do much except clean a firearm that worked great - I subscribe to the "if it work's don't fix it" theory myself! VBG!!

Regarding the hammer spur on the 94 - I got my 4" 94 polished down real nice with a diamond file that DH gave me! It's smooth but nubby - still has enough texture so that my thumb doesn't slip, but it no longer "bites". I think I need to get a new diamond file tho' 'cause I was working on the hammer spur of the 5" 94 before I sent it down the first time and it's still a bit rough. Now it is small, I grant you - but just my size!

Have been fighting a cold so didn't get to go to the range much this week - am planning to go in a couple of hours if I can get some paper work done and I'm all excited 'cause I got a Taurus model 66 six inch waiting for me - it's an old one - from 1990, but it looks just like my Taurus model 96's - and I LOVE them! Right now it's taking about 3 weeks for our paperwork to come back so I won't be able to get a picture of it for a while - but at least I can shoot it since our FFL is our local indoor range and they let us shoot the firearms while the transfers come thru! May you get lots of range time! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts