Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
We will be interested in hearing how it performs. What caliber did you purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
40,580 Posts
I think you'll like your Shield. Love mine in .40. My constant companion for about four years now.:thumb:

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Congratulations!

Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I love my 9 mm Shield. I think that you'll enjoy yours no matter what the caliber is.

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
Congrats on your new Shield. They are very good pistols. I don't own a 2.0, but have two S&W Performance Center Shields. One in .45acp and the other a .40S&W. Love 'em both.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
I have one in the .45ACP. It's very accurate, easy to shoot and has been very dependable. It's my daily CC....:)
Mine is riding on my hip as we speak...6 +1 45 ACP Federal Hydroshok with two 7 round spares as backup. I just wish that had done the same frame, same caliber with a double stack mag of maybe 10. That will probably be the next iteration and I'll be tempted to get one of those...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mine is the 2.0. Very nice gun and is now my EDC. My only gripe is the aggressive new texture on the grip. I filed the "body" side to keep it from sanding off the fat roll above my belt on the carry side when carrying IWB.

The trigger?.... feels just like my SIG 320. EXCELLENT

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I picked up a 9mm and took to the range Saturday. Put a couple of hundred rounds thru it no problems at all.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Mine is the 2.0. Very nice gun and is now my EDC. My only gripe is the aggressive new texture on the grip. I filed the "body" side to keep it from sanding off the fat roll above my belt on the carry side when carrying IWB.

The trigger?.... feels just like my SIG 320. EXCELLENT

I didn't like the stippling either and didn't want to modify the gun so I put one of these on my Shield...highly recommend this for about 10 bucks. Give a bit more size to the grip area also.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/handall/beavertail

·
Registered
698 Posts
Same experience here. I love the aggressive new texture, but not where it rubs against my side while carrying IWB. I ordered a Talon rubber grip. I carefully cut it in 1/2 and applied it to the side that made contact with my skin. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I rubbed the grip of my .45 Shield a little with some well worn 220 grit garnet paper. Unless you were REALLY familiar with what they're like, you wouldn't know anything had been done to it. But it's enough to cut out the harshness of the feel. I've been carrying the "original" 9mm Shield for almost 5 years, and I don't have any beef with the "slick" grip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts