Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally went and picked up the PT1911 from my dealer yesterday, this is my 3rd Taurus. I have a PT92 for about ten years with about 10K rounds through it, great gun. Picked up a PT145 3rd gen stainless in Oct. to take my CCW course, about 1200 rds. through it with no issues, also a great gun.

Initial thoughts on the PT1911:

My first 1911 and I like it but disassembly is a little more tedious than my other pistols.

Feels great in my hand.

Trigger is very nice.

Checkering looks good and overall fit and machining look good.

Finish is pretty poor, but I was forewarned of that. I can mar the finish with a fingernail and managed to scratch it a little putting the slide release lever back in.

Came dry as a bone, put some Tetra grease on the rails (and put a couple hundred rounds in the truck) in case I get a little time to run out to the range next week. (if there are critical 1911 points to lube please post up, i just treated as any of my other pistols)

Overall very happy with my purchase, been wanting a 1911 for some time but one equipped like this for $429 can't be beat.

I'll have a range report up soon (hopefully by next weekend!)

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
This is on my list of guns to get. I want to wait for the stainless one however.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to wait for the stainless too but my dealer has had trouble getting in blued ones and he is doubtful we'll see any stainless even by the end of the year. If it's far enough out, I may end up owning both, I REALLY like the feel and function of this gun so far (at least with snap caps). If it shoots as good as I think it will another may be in my future.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what i lube before a range visit. 1 drop quality lube on each rail, 1 dropon the hammer pivot area, 1 drop on the lugs on top of the barrel and 1 drop in the bushing-barrel contact area. I then work the slide 4 or 5 times and wipe of the excess on the outside and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took a quickie trip to the range this AM with it, just ran 100 rounds through it and rang gongs, I didn't have enough time to make and set targets. Performed very well I thought, no misfires, I did have the slide not want to return on a full mag but I pulled the mag and whacked it against my thigh and put it back and hit the release and it was fine so maybe the top round just wasn't set correctly.

Very happy with it! Hopefully I'll be able to do a full range report with pics and actual targets this weekend. I will say that na 8 AM range trip is a great way to start a Monday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts