Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd post stock picture, but you all know what it looks like- Aluminum frame, brushed stainless slide and rosewood grip panels.

It will be a while before I can get it to the range, but in the meantime we will assume that it performs flawlessly, is as accurate as I, the shooter, can be, and is another example of Kimber of gun making art.

If any of the above proves not to be the case, I promise to let you know.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I’ve had one for a couple of years now. Great weapon, typical Kimber quality. My wife did have failure to feed issues, but I’m fairly sure she was limp writing it. I’ve had no issues at all, so I’d be curious about your experience. Hope it’s flawless.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Weeee dawgy! An explosion of the small puppy nose rounds around here . . . . .

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Reactions: coopercdrkey

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a couple of "in stock" options including 300 rounds of Herter's FMJ that I just picked up on the Cabella's special. My thread asking for suggestions on .380 SD ammo continues to get responses even though it has become something of a .380 vs. 9mm contest. (I also have the Kimber Micro 9, so the partial derailment is OK by me!)

I'll check out the "Lucky Gunner" article. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
should be a good operator, after all its a shrunk down 1911 basically, they and Sig did improve on a lot of issues to make it a better smalll 1911.
MY 238 was just recently retired (got a Sig 365) and it always performed very well and was reliable to a fault.
MY choice in 380 ammo is all reloads of mine to the tune of XTP, Gold Dot and all Copper HP.
enjoy I am sure it will be a good one.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the 1911 in whatever size they decide to make it in!

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
I have a couple of "in stock" options including 300 rounds of Herter's FMJ that I just picked up on the Cabella's special. My thread asking for suggestions on .380 SD ammo continues to get responses even though it has become something of a .380 vs. 9mm contest. (I also have the Kimber Micro 9, so the partial derailment is OK by me!)

I'll check out the "Lucky Gunner" article. Thanks for the link.
Here’s another suggestion. Federal HST “micro” 99 grain 380ACP

·
23,097 Posts
The Micros are great pistols, whether 9mm or 380. Accurate, smooth, and reliable.

I consider it a sort-of 1911. If it doesn't have the stirrup trigger, it's not a 1911. But that doesn't detract from my opinion of these Kimber micros.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts