Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the range and afterwards I cruised the pistols and had been interested in the Kimber Micro 9 but after looking at the Sig 938 sub compact .I fell for the feel and the looks. It's the desert bronze with the Hogue black rubber grips and came with the Sig laser. At $509 I thought it was a good deal. My only prior experience with 1911's was as my sidearm in the army and I hated that gun so this was a big step for me. Like the title says it's my first all metal pistol as well as my first 1911 style gun. As small as it is it's a soft shooting gun with the best stock trigger I've used. It breaks so nice and smooth there is no gun shake. It would be a gun easy to one hand. My G2C and the 938 shoot similarly which is pretty high praise for a gun that cost $300 bucks less. I did shoot the 938 better right off the bat but once the Taurus trigger smoothed out I love that trigger too.

The day I bought it when I got it home it was cleaned and boy did it come wet. Then some dry firing. It was WOW that's a nice trigger. Then the laser was installed and I adjusted it to the sights as well as I could. The next day it was back to the range because I have to try a new gun. It was on the bulls eye right away. Two mags at 15' and two at 21' using iron sights. Then the laser at 30'. Through sheer dumb luck the laser was so close there was no need to adjust. This little gun is a pleasure to shoot.

Here's the target from the first 4 mags at 15' & 21' and a photo of the gun. 16-17 of the first 26 rounds in the red

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Nice SIG938, even better group. Have you shot the SIG238? Always was curious about the comparative recoil between the two SIGs. Good luck with your pocket 1911.

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Sweet pistol and you guys make a great team! Very accurate out of the box.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice SIG938, even better group. Have you shot the SIG238? Always was curious about the comparative recoil between the two SIGs. Good luck with your pocket 1911.
I haven't shot the 238 but from everything I've read it's very similar. It's surprising how nice and comfortable this gun is to shoot. The recoil is close to what you get with the G2C. When dropping a magazine the button is a little awkward and your palm can get in the way of the mag dropping but it's a very small gun and to be expected just have to learn the gun.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice gun! I’ve been carrying a P938 for about 6 years now, and a P238 for 3-4 years before then. They are fantastic guns, and mever let me down. I recently sold my original P938 for this one:

https://flic.kr/p/J937k5

I almost got a Kimber Micro 9 Raptor instead, but I’m glad I stuck with the Sig.

My P238 was the HW model, so it had an all stainless frame (something you sadly can’t get with the P938.) Which means my P238 is both smaller, heavier and much softer shooting than the P938.

The P238 HW was pretty much the perfect concealed carry as far as size and handling was concerned. It never bothered me in any way. The P938 is noticably larger, which makes in noticably more uncomfortable, and it certainly has more recoil. That said, it’s not bad enough that I’d rather carry .380 instead of 9mm.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
For me the 938 does have more recoil but certainly not a hand breaker by any means.
several friends have them and we have shot 115-124-147 from them with no terrible recoil, never fired a Plus p from them .
they do have a bit more recoil than my 238 however.
their 938 seem to run a lot better on 124 or 147 grain ammo however.
my lil 238 will run on anything from 80 grain through 102 grain flawlessly and as the Op mentioned accuracy and reliability is top notch.
I just recently retired my 238 in favor of a Sig 365 and have been equally if not more pleased with that weapon.
If I were buying a new pocket 380 I would take a serious look at the new Springfield Armory 911, its an exact clone of the Colt, Kimber , Sig 380 and at about 100 bucks cheaper and more features like super great night sights and G -10 grip at no extra charge.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
Nice gun! I’ve been carrying a P938 for about 6 years now, and a P238 for 3-4 years before then. They are fantastic guns, and mever let me down. I recently sold my original P938 for this one:

https://flic.kr/p/J937k5

I almost got a Kimber Micro 9 Raptor instead, but I’m glad I stuck with the Sig.

My P238 was the HW model, so it had an all stainless frame (something you sadly can’t get with the P938.) Which means my P238 is both smaller, heavier and much softer shooting than the P938.

The P238 HW was pretty much the perfect concealed carry as far as size and handling was concerned. It never bothered me in any way. The P938 is noticably larger, which makes in noticably more uncomfortable, and it certainly has more recoil. That said, it’s not bad enough that I’d rather carry .380 instead of 9mm.
MY sig 238 is the alloy frame and lighter by a good bit than the 938.
as for size comparison.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
And why I am at it, I know the statement is going to come up from some that the Sigs, Kimbers, colts are a lot larger than the TCP, Ruger. kel tec etc. so here you go!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
Heck I might as well go ahead and throw up the Sig 238 and Sig 365 targets as well.
both wonderful pocket carry pistols for me.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts