Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First purchase in Georgia, figured I'd post in Taurus revolvers since they are made by a subsidiary and there's no Diamondback forum yet. Pics to follow, but it was so refreshing to walk into the LGS, show my docs and fill out the 4473. Paid my 25 bucks and walked out with my gun. No waiting period and no stupid "melt law".

Cleaned and lubed it, dryfired a few times since the manual says it can't damage the FP or cylinder. Double action is stiff and maybe 10 pounds +/1, single action very light and perhaps 3#. Finish is good on the frame, barrel and 22 LR cylinder. The 22 WMR cylinder has some freckles where perhaps the Ceracote didn't cover and the overall finish on that piece is lacking. I may contact them to see about an exchange.

I hope to range test it tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Congrats on the new gat and exercising your 'new found' freedom. A buddy speaks very highly of his DB, but I prefer the grip on the 992.

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new gat and exercising your 'new found' freedom. A buddy speaks very highly of his DB, but I prefer the grip on the 992.
Interesting that the stocks for the Ruger Wrangler are reputed to fit the Diamondback. I doubt that would change the feel or geometry however . On my list of things to do is to obtain some appropriate blanks and trace the OEM panels to make it my own .

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Interesting that the stocks for the Ruger Wrangler are reputed to fit the Diamondback. I doubt that would change the feel or geometry however . On my list of things to do is to obtain some appropriate blanks and trace the OEM panels to make it my own .
Maybe the wife will go for a 3D printer?? Think of all the savings! Lol ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had the same feeling of freedom when I established residency in Oregon, 6 months 9I escaped CA 23 hours after I retired). I walked into the only sporting goods store in my small town looked at a couple guns, dropped my credit card on the counter, filled out the 4473 and left with a 1911. Took all of a half hour, mostly gabbing with the owner...

·
Administrator
19,168 Posts
Congratulations on acquiring your new Diamondback Revolver and looking forward to your review of it! :)

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
609 Posts
congratulations on your purchase . ruger wrangler , or xr3 frame size grips will fit the diamondback , have them on mine . you may discover the gun
shoots low , and have to file the front sight a bit . --------------------

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad you like your gun! Just a side note, Diamondback Firearms is not affiliate with Taurus. Our three brands in the USA are Taurus, Rossi, and Heritage Mfg.
I could have sworn that Taurus was dancing with Diamondback and getting into the AR platform, which I thought would be a really bad move.

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
22,445 Posts
Those 22/22 mag. Guns are just awesome! I love my Heritage, the 1st thing I did was change those orange grips! Here she is with my much older model. Congratulations on your new snake gun
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
442 Posts
Did a little research on the Diamondback and found it is sorta a clone of the High Standard Double Nine ( which I lusted for many years ago). Got a range report?

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
First purchase in Georgia, figured I'd post in Taurus revolvers since they are made by a subsidiary and there's no Diamondback forum yet. Pics to follow, but it was so refreshing to walk into the LGS, show my docs and fill out the 4473. Paid my 25 bucks and walked out with my gun. No waiting period and no stupid "melt law".

Cleaned and lubed it, dryfired a few times since the manual says it can't damage the FP or cylinder. Double action is stiff and maybe 10 pounds +/1, single action very light and perhaps 3#. Finish is good on the frame, barrel and 22 LR cylinder. The 22 WMR cylinder has some freckles where perhaps the Ceracote didn't cover and the overall finish on that piece is lacking. I may contact them to see about an exchange.

I hope to range test it tomorrow!
Hat Sleeve Smile Fedora Gesture

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Congratulations on your new Diamondback Sidekick!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts