Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this morning to look at a m85, made in 1994, like new box ect, does not show any signs of every being fired. lock up is good, no side to side play. lockup is good front to back it is tight. timeing is good, everything checked out.so i bought it. now for the ? when I open the cylinder and and hold the cylinder as it is open i have some front to back play. took it apart everything seems okay. when i close the cylinder everything seems fine , only when it is open do i have a problem?
thanks expressdog01 m85-3.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info I was worried about it, as my outher m85 is tight open or closed. I wonder if this is a common thing. here is a photo of the two , i went from no revolver's to 2 in two weeks. thanks for the help. expressdog01 m85-4.jpg

·
Registered
472 Posts
Went out this morning to look at a m85, made in 1994, like new box ect, does not show any signs of every being fired. lock up is good, no side to side play. lockup is good front to back it is tight. timeing is good, everything checked out.so i bought it. now for the ? when I open the cylinder and and hold the cylinder as it is open i have some front to back play. took it apart everything seems okay. when i close the cylinder everything seems fine , only when it is open do i have a problem?
Probably not. The thickness of the cartridge rims when loaded is going to take care of a lot of that play, anyway.

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Very nice family photo.

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
thanks expressdog01
In short NO...:icon_ rasta:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be takeing them out this week, have to pick up more ammo,I am going to have to buy 38spc die's now. range report coming soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, does anyone know how the blueing holds up ' on the older m85. I would like to cww them but the blueing is so nice. might have to find a ss m85 for carry. I piked up a uncle mikes grip, nos.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Nice 85's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts