Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I picked up a Ruger SR1911.

Today I locked up this brick of a gun - meet my new to me Ruger P90DC.

The only thing I can see "wrong" with it is that the cop who owned it before put his DL# on it. But I'm okay with that. Adds to the story of where it's been.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I owned one too and it's a great gun, capable of taking a brutal amount of punishment. It's a tank of a gun and a darn good shooter.

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
24,498 Posts
Congrats on your new to you slide gun.

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
The only thing I can see "wrong" with it is that the cop who owned it before put his DL# on it. But I'm okay with that. Adds to the story of where it's been.
Yep-- kind of like people putting their social security number on their guns!
you would think that the manufactures would just put some kind of indentifying number on a gun when they make it so people could know if its theirs??----

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
Good pick up. The P series Rugers were ugly, but worked every time with decent accuracy.

·
Super Moderator
34,947 Posts
I always thought my P guns were nice looking, guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

I'll never get rid of my KP90DC. I've won quite a few local shoots with it, some of my most memorable. It's very accurate. I've had it since the early 90s. Folks gripe about how big it is, but it's 32 ounces light due to the aluminum frame, to me easier than toting a full size 1911 at 40 ounces. And it'll even feed an empty .45 case. It NEVER jams or fails to go bang. I think the P90 is the absolute best of the Ruger P series.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Use to be that people put their driver's license numbers, or even their Social Security numbers on valuable items so that if they were ever lost or stolen the police would be able to return them.
Oh, to return to those days of innocence and naivete.
Yeah, my mom taught me her DL# when I was young. She did so for 2 reasons. If I ever got lost I was to give the police her DL# so they could get me home.

She also put it on all of our stuff. It got my stolen bike back because of that #. It's a generational thing, mom would have been 78 in November.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always thought my P guns were nice looking, guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

I'll never get rid of my KP90DC. I've won quite a few local shoots with it, some of my most memorable. It's very accurate. I've had it since the early 90s. Folks gripe about how big it is, but it's 32 ounces light due to the aluminum frame, to me easier than toting a full size 1911 at 40 ounces. And it'll even feed an empty .45 case. It NEVER jams or fails to go bang. I think the P90 is the absolute best of the Ruger P series.
Yeah, you always about how big these guns are.

Well a quick search shows that they're not as big as some people may have you believe. They are a bit heavier than the Sig P220 while at the same time they are almost 1/4" thinner

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,024 Posts

Sounds like that Beer Holder (YOU) have had way to many if you think those are nice looking, bet you would be a blast to take out to country honky tonk and give you about 6-8 drinks and watch you pick out a woman to try to take home!---Griiin.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,947 Posts
Sounds like that Beer Holder (YOU) have had way to many if you think those are nice looking, bet you would be a blast to take out to country honky tonk and give you about 6-8 drinks and watch you pick out a woman to try to take home!---Griiin.

Already have a good woman....and two good Ruger P guns.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I have always thought the Ruger "P" series gun were good looking guns.

I keep a Ruger P-89 in the side pocket of my recliner in case of any problems keeping the bad guys out!

Don

20200428_122128.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts