Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am weak but you all are partly to blame :)

After seeing some post of other's 938 I knew I could not hold out. Shop has been getting in a bunch of different models and a couple weeks ago we got in the Sports13 model, it comes with holster, both the 6 round std and 7 round extended magazine, the rear sight is std night sight but the front is a truglo TFO fiber/tritium combo, I have these sight on a few other pistols and they work great for me. When the boss priced them at $504 I jumped.

I have put about 250 rounds through it (even mix of FMJ and HPs) and it never hiccuped, accuracy is what I expected, better than me. Recoil is more that the 238 but not bad considering the size. Been carrying it in a pocket liner or the factory holster for the last week and it is very small but maybe a touch to big for my pocket, need to find some leather. Most like the rubber grips but they are not for me so I am going to pick up either some VZ or wood grips.

Looks like I have one more carry option.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
VERY nice. Great pics, especially the sights. Dont own a Sig, but it is on my gun bucket list. Thanks for posting the pics and report.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Another great gun, Stallard. Shoot it (often) in good health.

Reactions: stallard

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
That really is a nice little pistol!

·
Registered
188 Posts
LOVE my 938 Equinox. Rides very comfortably in my front pocket everyday. Congrats...

·
Registered
24,852 Posts
Very nice gun. Enjoy.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
I wish I was still feeling the effects of the gas, I just got my electric bill for last month.

On the Tennessee Ernie song reference it is more meant to reflect that every since stallard went to work at the gun shop he has been on a bigger gun buying spree than I have ever hoped for........IE: "I owe my soul to the company store"

Or maybe he could change the words to...I bought 16 guns and what did it get, another day broker and deeper in debt...yada, yada, yada...I owe my soul to the company store.

As for the sauce, thanks for reminding me. I just got back for KC and picked up a couple of bottle of 1.75 ltr Crown Royal and Skyy that I left out in the tool box of the truck.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

After seeing some post of other's 938 I knew I could not hold out. Shop has been getting in a bunch of different models and a couple weeks ago we got in the Sports13 model, it comes with holster, both the 6 round std and 7 round extended magazine, the rear sight is std night sight but the front is a truglo TFO fiber/tritium combo, I have these sight on a few other pistols and they work great for me. When the boss priced them at $504 I jumped.

I have put about 250 rounds through it (even mix of FMJ and HPs) and it never hiccuped, accuracy is what I expected, better than me. Recoil is more that the 238 but not bad considering the size. Been carrying it in a pocket liner or the factory holster for the last week and it is very small but maybe a touch to big for my pocket, need to find some leather. Most like the rubber grips but they are not for me so I am going to pick up either some VZ or wood grips.

Looks like I have one more carry option.
I have a Sig P238 and really enjoy it. I used it to qualify for my Texas CHL while my PT145 was temporarily unavailable.

Although it's not my primary CC weapon I pocket carry the Sig from time to time and don't even notice it's there even while doing yardwork in the Texas summer heat.

You made an excellent choice!!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
this seems to be the small pistol of choice now days we are shooting the new low recoil federals and hd critcal defense in ours no issues over 500 rds of federal 115 gr walmart thru it now

jhp
enjoy your new pistol get us a range report

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Or maybe he could change the words to...I bought 16 guns and what did it get, another day broker and deeper in debt...yada, yada, yada...I owe my soul to the company store.

LOL, Now that's funny and true. The Boss is figuring out what I like and each time he calls me up to his desk I know it's gonna cost me.

The worst thing I have found to do while working at a gun shop is to put one on layaway, we only allow one at a time and as soon as I put one on something cooler is sure to come through the door, but I have decided that I am going to have to come home with a pay check, guess that can be my New Years Resolution!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a really nice pistol.

9mm, right?

I have the P238 and am a huge fan of it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
:D <<< I'm green for a reason. Love my 238. Would love to add the 938 to my Sig Safe once the current o'crazies subside and availability goes up, and hopefully prices come down.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
but I have decided that I am going to have to come home with a pay check, guess that can be my New Years Resolution!
Perhaps this is just me??
BUT does this just sound like a bad, crazy idea to the rest of you guys too?

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Actually IF I remember correctly it was MillPro that started all this Sig 938 crap!
posting pictures of them, range reports and talking about how accurate, small and reliable they were!
Talk about a enabler!!
Nice Gun, enjoy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts