Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I decided to go to the gun show yesterday, and I was looking for reloading supplies and ammo. Didn't score much reloading, however, I did find a 420 round can of original SS109 for $125. As we were hitting the last few tables, she noticed a table full of brass. We poked through it, and found her some .380 brass, and I found 2 bags of .357 Magnum brass. I paid $40 for all of it, 700 pcs total. On the end of the table, she spotted an S&W box. Inside was a 1st Gen S&W 9mm Shield with 3 mags. The wife picked it up, and immediately fell in love. There was no price on it, so I asked. He spotted my shirt, and my wife's SAC hat, and asked about our service. I told him the shirt was a gift from my youngest, and medical prevented me from serving. The wife told him her story. After cracking a few jokes, we find out the guy is local, and Zootown is still trying to enforce the UBC our AG ruled null and void. He asks where we live, and says he can deliver it after the show, as the only FFL available was a 20 minute drive until noon. I asked again how much. He leaned over, and quietly said, "Vet's discount today. For her, $150, and you don't pay until I show up." He taped the box shut, and stuck it under the table. Later that afternoon, he calls, and we meet up. Wife offers to pay him extra for the gas, but he refuses. He even tossed in a pocket holster for her purse gratis. He was straight up and told us that he had only fired one mag through it, and a quick break-down confirmed this. We went in town, grabbed some ammo, and put it through it's paces. We now have a new EDC for her.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I had nothing bad to say about Shields there accuracy was better than my Glocks and fed all ammo.I also like the steel sights S&W gives.Congrats on a very good buy and find !

·
Super Moderator
36,003 Posts
I have it in 45 ACP and it is my predominant carry these days. Congrats on a good gun at a great price!!

·
Administrator
39,686 Posts
I think your wife will enjoy her new Shield as much as I do mine. I chose the .40.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
My gun budget won't allow another right now, congrats on your pistol.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Finally after over 600 rounds I sat down yesterday and cleaned my .45 Shield. I hope your wife enjoy her new Shield. Nice find

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Good deal and she's going to love it.

Mine was one of the best gun purchases that I have ever made. It's my winter EDC gun … and sometimes in summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts