Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Academy Sports here in S. Texas. $280.00. Its finish is a little different than what I expected, its matte gray, I don't know if its sprayed on or what. The "finish" does not scratch off of the cylinder from dragging on the stops. And I must say I like the matte gray... kinda neat looking. Trigger pull in DA seems a little stiff but manageable and should lighten up with use, in SA its nearly "hair". Quality is about what I expected, the sound of the hammer cocking is nothing like my Smith but a Smith is 2-3X more money.
I bought is for the weight, 16.6 oz AND it ain't plastic.

Sposed to be a cold front coming through tonight, if weather permits I'll take it to the range tomorrow...... report to follow.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I really like the finish on your new revolver. :rolleyes:

The M85s are great little guns.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I personally like the subdued gray on your 85. I wish it were an option on every revolver that Taurus makes....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I play with it here at home the gray is really growing on me... I think I like it a lot. It seems to be more stealthy than something shiny would be.

The thing must have a quart of oil inside of it, oil keeps oozing out of every crank and hole. I've ran a BoreSnake through the cylinder and barrel. I hope tomorrow is not a cold windy day as they are predicting. I'm ready to get this thing to banging.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the M85 Ul in SS and I love mine. Never seen the grey before. Congrats!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Congratulations on your new revolver! If you find recoil to be a problem install THESE GRIPS for they tame recoil like no other.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations! Whats cold and windy to a Texan?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations! Whats cold and windy to a Texan?
The last time I went to the range on a windy day it blew the target stands down and you could not hold the gun steady. The cold front came through about 2 hours ago. Its as windy today as the time I described.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Congratulations, they're a joy to carry. ;)
I took a lot of things into consideration before I chose it as a carry gun, weight, mag capacity, size, price and my perhaps unfounded conception of the reliability of a revolver etc. Taking all into account the only thing I made a concession on was capacity which should be somewhat manageable with speed loaders. Its light weight and small.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats! A few things I did to my 605 after I got it...bought some neon paint for the front sight...new larger grips to help recoil control. The pachmayr compac grips are nice, or the larger combat grip offered by Taurus. Shoot about 300 to 500 thru it and see how it sweetens up.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Congrats! A few things I did to my 605 after I got it...bought some neon paint for the front sight...new larger grips to help recoil control. The pachmayr compac grips are nice, or the larger combat grip offered by Taurus. Shoot about 300 to 500 thru it and see how it sweetens up.
Very sound advice; thank you.

Reactions: righty
1 - 12 of 12 Posts