Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my FFL today (well, actually yesterday now) and picked up my Thunderbolt 45LC in Stainless. There were about a dozen customers in the store along with my FFL guy and a couple of employees. No sooner than I opened the box and pulled it out of the plastic sleeve, the "ooooooooos and ahhhhhhhhhs" started up and I was soon surrounded! Then, others came into the store and joined in. I told the history of the rifle as it was being looked at and people were seemingly amazed at the sheer beauty of the gun! The stainless just shined like a new silver dollar and the fit and finish was amazingly nice! Most even liked the dark color of the wood, although personally, I would prefer the more natural finish where you can see the wood grain. Anyway, they loved the idea that it was a 45LC in pump action. My FFL had never seen anthing like it and intends to contact Buds to get one ASAP. If the gun shoots even half as good as it looks, I will be satisfied! A couple of people couldn't believe that I was going to shoot it and thought it should be hung on the wall! I told them that I may just do both! Oh yeah...I GOT to shoot this thing! I feel so fortunate to have gotten one and only hope that in time to come, they will start producing them again. If so, I will be in line for the 357/38 version. I ran the serial number on mine when I got home and it is from the 2011 production run, so I'm in hopes that it will work very well. I know, I know...everyone wants pictures! However, I'm old and have never figured out how to post them. You'll just have to take my word for it at this time! :D

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Post some pictures, I'm curious and want to see you new rifle. Congratulations and let us know how
it shoots with a range report.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Sounds very nice.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Administrator
35,785 Posts
OLD?!? You're not too old to learn the internet ! :D So......

:nopics:

·
Registered
17,765 Posts
Wow, that right there is a beautiful rifle.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Went to my FFL today (well, actually yesterday now) and picked up my Thunderbolt 45LC in Stainless. There were about a dozen customers in the store along with my FFL guy and a couple of employees. No sooner than I opened the box and pulled it out of the plastic sleeve, the "ooooooooos and ahhhhhhhhhs" started up and I was soon surrounded! Then, others came into the store and joined in. I told the history of the rifle as it was being looked at and people were seemingly amazed at the sheer beauty of the gun! The stainless just shined like a new silver dollar and the fit and finish was amazingly nice! Most even liked the dark color of the wood, although personally, I would prefer the more natural finish where you can see the wood grain. Anyway, they loved the idea that it was a 45LC in pump action. My FFL had never seen anthing like it and intends to contact Buds to get one ASAP. If the gun shoots even half as good as it looks, I will be satisfied! A couple of people couldn't believe that I was going to shoot it and thought it should be hung on the wall! I told them that I may just do both! Oh yeah...I GOT to shoot this thing! I feel so fortunate to have gotten one and only hope that in time to come, they will start producing them again. If so, I will be in line for the 357/38 version. I ran the serial number on mine when I got home and it is from the 2011 production run, so I'm in hopes that it will work very well. I know, I know...everyone wants pictures! However, I'm old and have never figured out how to post them. You'll just have to take my word for it at this time! :D
I understand what you are saying about posting pictures. I am slowly getting more comfortable with uploading pictures to my computer and burning them to CD's in case of a computer crash. I even downloaded the PDF manuals for the Nero 12 software and printed them out. Now I am going to have to do that with the ArcSoft Photo Studio 6 photo editing software and start playing with it to try to figure out what I'm doing.

Maybe we could get some kind hearted soul on here to post a Step by Step guide on posting pictures for us old fossils to print out so we can follow along as we go?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Congratulations, that is one beautiful rifle. Just WOW.

Bill

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Congrats but I have to give the honorary.......No Pics Didn't Happen!! See I didn't use the avatar thing! :p

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice rifle. Wasn't aware that Taurus made a rifle like that.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
That is one beautiful rifle.........I agree, one in .357 would be fantastic!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts