Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Maybe there's some wisdom in the old one liner: "It hurts when I do this, Doc." Docs response, "Then don't do it."

Seriously, the mass of your gun and your arm are serving as the launching pad for the bullet. Your cartilage is absorbing much of that energy. We are all built a little different. You could start lifting weights to increase your muscle mass and bone density. But, that seems like a truly odd motivation to start pumping iron. You might try a brace, but who is going to walk around with a brace on their wrist or elbow is case they need to pull their gun?

When I take my PT145 and 24/7 45 ACP out for practice, the PT145 gives my elbow a real jolt. It is not painful, but I can feel it in the same place you do. I don't feel it at all with the 24/7. No doubt the extra mass of the 24/7 is enough to make a difference.

Here's my two cents: What you are doing hurts. The pain you feel is your body telling you to stop what you are doing. Add to that your groupings are now 30% larger. If it were me having the problem, I would find what works for me without the pain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts