Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was asked about how I built a "Mic Holster" for my PT145. I just got a PF9 for Christmas and wanted to post how I built the holster.
And for the record the Kel Tec PF9 performed flawlessly at the range. I could not be happier.

1. New CCW gun.
2. Material needed: C or Bar Clamp; Two pieces of Foam; 0.06 thick Kydex; Heat gun or oven at 300 degrees; Leather Gloves; Small piece of plywood; Table to clamp to; pencil; tin snips or industrial strength scissors; sandpaper; 550 paracord;
3. Heat Kydex up. It doesn't take much to get it soft. Place it over trigger guard, using gloves. Place gun on foam. Cover with foam and small plywood and clamp (don't dawdle during this portion). Leave clamped for two minutes.
4. Unclamp and inspect work. Kydex can be reheated and reapplied if you don't like your results.
5. Use a pencil to outline where you'd like to trim up the Kydex.
6. Trim with snips and use sandpaper to smooth up the edges. Drip a hole in front of where the trigger guard resides and loop about 10-12" of 550 cord in hole. Trim cord to your liking. Knot securely. I heat up the ends of the cord to seal it.

Boom, your done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Addition photos: target from 15 yards. I was shaking from too much coffee. Gun will shoot much better in the right hands. Final Holster.
target.jpg 10.jpg

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Well......I'm just jealous. All you people getting a new gun....and all I got for Christmas was 2 pounds of imported coffee.
Its good an all....but it ain't that good.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well......I'm just jealous. All you people getting a new gun....and all I got for Christmas was 2 pounds of imported coffee.
Its good an all....but it ain't that good.
What are you griping about?

At our Christmas Eve gathering I got a bottle of "Really Ripped Abs" cologne! :eek:

I ended up giving it to my fifteen-year-old grandson. :rolleyes:

Reactions: whodog

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new PF9 Keltec, gyro_cfi!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Congrats on the PF9 , I've had my eye on one for quite some time now. Eventually I'll pick one up.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
MP, you mean you already have ripped abs??? I'm impressed!!!!

BTW, congrats on the new gun, gyro... I wouldn't mind trying one of them out sometime, hint, hint..... LOL

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Gentlemen. Whodog, I just noticed you live in the state our Glorious Leader visited ... nice. The PF-9 does not kick or bite like all the commentary I've seen. Maybe because I've got big old ham hock hands and hold on tight. It is a long trigger pull but I was always surprised when it went boom. I even tried staging the trigger but wasn't successful because it would fire before I thought it would. Need to practice with it I guess. The only thing I don't like is that the trigger must travel all the way forward to reset. My son and I will be buying spray equipment and doing a little Duracoat work on this and my 1911. I'll post the pictures on those two projects too. You all have a great New Years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts