Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the board, I've been reading for a while but have yet to start posting. I got my taurus back in December, since then I've put about a thousand rounds through here with only a few issues. maybe ya'll can help me with some of them

-magazine issues: This is my personal defense gun, it's always on my hip when I go out shooting and keep her in my cabinet at home just incase some bg's want to relieve me of my things. It has the 12 round mags which I used keep fully loaded and (I keep the chamber empty) but I get submarining issues with her, even after just a few days of having it like this (I swap mags every month). I've gon to only loading 10 rounds but I still get them about every ten mags or so. It has annoyed me to the point that I'm debating a revolver for home defense purposes. I still love her at the range but the reliability issues leave something to be desired. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

-recoil spring assembly: A few weeks back I was putting her back together and the end (the one that faces out, the plastic one) broke on me, that plastic peice popped off and released my captive recoil spring. I didn't expect such a failure after such a round count and everything else on the gun is going very well. I heard about a guy making an all steel one or something, but I can't find that info anymore. or are there any other options? Lastly is this a common failure or did I just get lucky?

pardon me, I'm verbose...but any help would be nice. also I got questions about the tracker series for a home defense gun. I'm going to school in Mexifornia in the fall and a few of my babies can't come with me...

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
On both issues, Magazine Problem and Guide Rod, call Taurus Customer Service!

On the older magazines, the Springs were not strong enough to keep the rounds from submarining. This is typically taken care of by exchanging the magazines.

As for the Recoil Spring Guide Rod Assembly, it is a tandem Spring Assembly and not a typical Guide Rod that someone with a lathe can just copy. You should be able to exchange yours for a new one.

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
"dual captive system" is what I was told it is called, the guy I was going to have make me a steel guide rod told me he couldn't do it because of this. Same thing with the Mil Pro.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I replied but this junk server made it a new message called "school in Calif"... sorry bout that..

·
Registered
402 Posts
James41 said:
I replied but this junk server made it a new message called "school in Calif"... sorry bout that..
Might think about toning that down. We all know there are server issues and Flyer is working on fixing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts