Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the kind of story you should be reading on The Onion or some other satarical site, not a real news story. :(

Next weeks story will probably be that someone is carrying an object in their hands, see their own shadow, and start yelling, "GUN!" :rolleyes:

https://www.whio.com/news/local/pol...ontaine-movie-theater/yA3lqAlxGdTZcSufXuPP7N/

BELLEFONTAINE – People fled a Bellefontaine movie theater in a panic Friday night after a theft suspect making noise resulted in people thinking he had a gun, according to police.

Officers responded to a report of a person with a gun at Chakeres Cinema 8 around 8:43 p.m. Friday.

Once on the scene, officers found a theft suspect who reportedly entered the theater with stolen items from a local store.

The suspect went into the dark theater to open packaging on the items, making a noise that caused people around him to “flee and panic,” said Lt. Christopher Marlow.

Other patrons started shouting that the man had a weapon, he added.

No weapon was observed by people at the theater and no weapons were found during the investigation.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
This is where we are as a society now, living in fear. Drowning in days long coverage of mass murder shootings once a week will do this to you. The boy who cried wolf didn't just wake up one day and think to himself it would be a great day to lie and scare people, instead he was scared because a lot of people had been getting eaten by wolves.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
There's been a few of those lately. A motorcycle backfires and hundreds of people stampeded in New York's Times Square. There was an incident in a Mall in Houston...

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
So many snowflakes in these hot days of August. Amazing.
Snowflakes are like that and every one of their meltdowns are as unique as they are.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I was sitting at a red light yesterday when a car crossed in front of me and backfired. I didn't even think "gun shot" but I did look around to see if anyone was panicking. Nope, not at all.

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
So is anyone getting arrested for yelling "Gun" in a movie theater? Is it any different than yelling "Fire"?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is anyone getting arrested for yelling "Gun" in a movie theater? Is it any different than yelling "Fire"?
Sometimes when you hear people talk about restrictions on free speech, they say things like, "You can't yell fire in a theater." Actually yes you can. It has never been illegal to yell Fire! or Gun! in a movie theater, unless you know it's not true and are doing it to create panic. If you hear someone popping bubble wrap and really think it's gunfire, that is not technically illegal. :(

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Sometimes when you hear people talk about restrictions on free speech, they say things like, "You can't yell fire in a theater." Actually yes you can. It has never been illegal to yell Fire! or Gun! in a movie theater, unless you know it's not true and are doing it to create panic. If you hear someone popping bubble wrap and really think it's gunfire, that is not technically illegal. :(
Kind of like back in the 70's when I was on my way to Greenland via an airplane and as I entered the plane door I saw my friend and said out loud-HI Jack!!!------

Attachments

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
When Obama was in office it was verboten to use the word “terroristic threat”. Now everything is labeled a terroristic threat until proven not to be . . . .except that you can still be charged and convicted of making a terroristic threat if you fart loud enough.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Sort of boosts your confidence in your will to survive doesn't it? If anything major happens -- any widespread catastrophe -- we're in a world of ... well you know what I'm saying.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Sort of boosts your confidence in your will to survive doesn't it? If anything major happens -- any widespread catastrophe -- we're in a world of ... well you know what I'm saying.
I find it amazing that people are so weak minded anymore that they panic at the slightest noise.
Like the song says "Paranoia will destroy ya!"

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
This is just becoming common place any more. This why we need more armed (responsible) people on the streets.
I'd add that this is the reason we need to educate people more about firearms. I know people that believe semi automatic riffles or automatic since they can be fired fast? One told me that it can't just be them moving their finger faster? Thanks main stream media!!

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
its going to be very intersting the way that the country is headed when the <stuff hits the fan> and these people think the police (or armed forces) are going to be there to protect them, common sense already shows the police can't protect us now and we are not quite in a civil war type situation (YET).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts