Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CPL in Michigan, and my first gun was the Taurus PT140. Wanting to carry, but realizing that the gun is thick enough as it is, a holster was out of the question. I took an old cell phone holder apart, took out the spring steel clip, stripped my Taurus, a couple of holes, screws, and viola'!! Homeade belt clip on my .40. I've had it like this for almost a year with no problems at all. I filed the screws off on the inside of the polymer frame so they were flush and didn't hit anything. I also used a dremel tool and ground finger grooves where the checkerd front grip used to be and on the clip, and it is SOOO much more comfortable now

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joe sixpack said:
oh my, if it works great, but i would personally never drill holes in my frame.

Believe me, the two holes I drilled were so small, they are not going to compromise the integrity of that frame.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Xiphos,...

Nice Modding... A CLIP for Mexican Carry (them two holes didn't hurt a thing except, maybe resale... I say maybe because some may like that Mod...<:))

Good Mod Job on the Grip...<:))

Hang Up Your Sign ~ "Xiphos Custom Guns"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great mod! I love ingenuity and this is very ingenious. MacGyver, step aside! By the way, I love your signature line. I'm going to appropriate it for my email signature line. I had a couple of years of Latin eons ago so I picked right up on it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gvaldeg1 said:
Great mod! I love ingenuity and this is very ingenious. MacGyver, step aside! By the way, I love your signature line. I'm going to appropriate it for my email signature line. I had a couple of years of Latin eons ago so I picked right up on it.
Thanks, if only I could fit it on the plate of my bike, but there's to many letters.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Xiphos said:
Believe me, the two holes I drilled were so small, they are not going to compromise the integrity of that frame.
But do they compromise the warranty?

·
Registered
52 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
This one does not require any holes to be drlled:

http://www.clipdraw.com/
Thanks! That provides a quick answer for those that don't want to drill holes in frames (even small ones). It's pretty cheap too. Unfortunately, I'm so rotund that I have a hard enough time just getting me inside my waistband let alone a gun too. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pioneer461 said:
But do they compromise the warranty?

I'd imagine it does, but it's such a reliable gun I'm not worried about warranty. Plus, I've broken two Taurus guns and had them honor a warranty that they did not have to, a VERY reputable company IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts