Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's today's report and the numbers have been climbing just about every day since September when we were averaging about 700-800 a day. This is a record for the state, the high point during the shutdown was April 9 with 1989 cases. Believe me I'm not complaining that the state didn't shut down again, but why did our glorious Governor put the state on lock down in the Spring and early Summer, but not now? Has the virus become less dangerous, less of a threat? We are certainly seeing a lot less deaths from it now. In the past week more than 331,000 people were tested in the state and more than 25,000 have tested positive.

Pa. reports 5,488 new virus cases, 49 more deaths

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's today's report and the numbers have been climbing just about every day since September when we were averaging about 700-800 a day. This is a record for the state, the high point during the shutdown was April 9 with 1989 cases. Believe me I'm not complaining that the state didn't shut down again, but why did our glorious Governor put the state on lock down in the Spring and early Summer, but not now? Has the virus become less dangerous, less of a threat? We are certainly seeing a lot less deaths from it now. In the past week more than 331,000 people were tested in the state and more than 25,000 have tested positive.

don’t fret. Shutdown is just around the corner. You can bet on a national lock down come 1/25 or so!

Germany, er, uh nazica

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,872 Posts
Are you sure thats Covid cases and not “Biden Ballots”?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts

Because if he shuts things down all blame will now fall on Democrat's. In April it was ok because any repercussions would make Trump look bad.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
don’t fret. Shutdown is just around the corner. You can bet on a national lock down come 1/25 or so!

Germany, er, uh nazica
There is no federal authority for that.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
He can try, but it can't be used for that. Would be quickly shot down if he did.

Perhaps if he issued the order in 'slurred' handwriting, he might get away with it a little longer while the courts tried to figure out what he said.

Let's not forget, he isn't even the 'president elect' yet.

·
Registered
31,743 Posts
Curious to see where all this goes. In my fair, flat, treeless city, the virus is currently running rampant, tent hospital wards are being added, outside medical staff are being brought in, more people I personally know are getting the virus, and I'm taking it more serious. I am going to both granddaughters basketball games this evening, and though I will be sitting socially distanced from other folks, I will keep my mask on in the Gym.

In my great state, I do not expect our Governor to put us on lock down again, no matter how bad it gets.

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another record today for Pennsylvania with a reported 5,531 new cases.

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another 5,551 cases reported today and 50 deaths attributed to the virus,

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I would think that the numbers are so much higher because they are doing more testing now ? They do seem to be figuring out how to treat it also so unless you are in a high risk category there is a better survival chance. I'm no Dr and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night but that is what I think for what it is worth ! Stay safe everybody !

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I would think that the numbers are so much higher because they are doing more testing now ? They do seem to be figuring out how to treat it also so unless you are in a high risk category there is a better survival chance. I'm no Dr and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night but that is what I think for what it is worth ! Stay safe everybody !
I just hope these new cases don't turn into votes for the wrong candidate...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really have to wonder about the "New Cases". Had a doc tell my sister that there are"so many strains and different types and they all produce different symptoms..."Blah,blah,blah. BOVINE Defecation. It's about controlling the plebes and creating groupthink

·
Registered
31,743 Posts
Lubbock reported 750 new cases yesterday, a good bit of that was probably from cases not reported on time Saturday. Lubbock County is 330,000 pop.
My wife works in administration at one of Lubbock's two largest hospitals. Things are tense at her hospital with over 27% of available beds being used for virus patients.
I'm thinking about skipping grand daughters basketball games tomorrow night.

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A new record for PA. with 5900 new cases reported. I can see the writing on the wall with round two of shutdowns soon to be ordered by our exalted Governor Wolf. Locally the shelves are once again being depleted of toilet paper and paper towels.

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lubbock reported 750 new cases yesterday, a good bit of that was probably from cases not reported on time Saturday. Lubbock County is 330,000 pop.
My wife works in administration at one of Lubbock's two largest hospitals. Things are tense at her hospital with over 27% of available beds being used for virus patients.
I'm thinking about skipping grand daughters basketball games tomorrow night.
Lately the only two places I go are the grocery store and my LGS. Both are essential.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Lately the only two places I go are the grocery store and my LGS. Both are essential.
My range shut down...seems the entire range got the 'rona. This reminds me of My Cousin Vinny when the whole store got the flu.

I've only been to this range a handful of times (I switched ranges this year) but I never saw any of the employees wear masks. I'm surprised someone in the gubmint hasn't tried to make an example of them.

·
22,027 Posts
New Mexico has set records in the last couple of weeks too. We're back to reduced occupancy in non-essential business. And the governor says no businesses are shut down, but non essential businesses permissible occupancy is reduced by 100%. :rolleyes: Good thing the press doesn't treat her like the treat President Trump, they've be calling her a liar at the top of their lungs.

But the numbers are bad. The old record was 500 new cases, now it's 1843 new cases. That was on 2 November, and the numbers are going back down, but we're in a pretty significant lockdown.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
12,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Wife has been carrying boxes of paperwork back and forth to work each day. If we again get a stay at home order she wants to be prepared to once again work from home.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts