1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
:dry:...there's a reason ya' never see wolf and obama in the same place at the same time.

·
Premium Member
12,556 Posts
This is the result of the overwhelming votes of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh electing our governors. Thank God for our legislators. Gov. Wolf would fit right in as Governor of New Jersey or New York.

·
Premium Member
10,978 Posts
Polymer80 has a sale.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
LOL! Kinda' sounds like the PA AG wants to prosecute folks for speeding even though their car is sitting in the driveway with the engine removed. Liberalism in action.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I'm surprised that "ammo manufacturing", components, primers and powders aren't already in someone's sights. That, and taxes will be coming soon.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The Constitution keeps getting in their way, and this is how they deal with it...short of throwing it out. They try a thousand different ways to "legally" sidestep what it says.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Ugh, PA was such a 2A Friendly State (outside of Philly, anyway) up until about last year.

Thankfully, the average citizen populace (at least in my area) seems to be pro 2A, so all Wolf is doing here is showing his true colors, trying to leave his mark (or should I say stain) before his 2nd term comes to an end, but the most that he'll likely accomplish is to merely put 2A supporters on guard.

The one good thing about politicians trying to pass anti-gun legislation in 2A Friendly States is that it keeps 2A Supporters on their toes, forcing them to remain vigilant when years of otherwise uncontested prosperity may have lulled them into a false sense of security.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
In almost 8 years WOLF has not done a single thing worth noting. His platform was more funding for education and from what my wife tells me it has been the opposite at least in her school and school district. Can't wait to get him out of office.

·
Premium Member
12,556 Posts
Maybe, just maybe his anti-gun stance will be enough to get people to stand up and vote to keep Wolfs like out of the statehouse when his term runs out. My wife also works for a school district and believe me the money isn't flowing in due to Wolf. The leftist teachers union shares a lot of the blame with the two big cities for giving us Wolf. They voted him in to preserve their blood sucking pensions which threaten to bankrupt the state. I have no problem with the state standing up to their agreements, that's only fair, but those agreements needed to be changed for future teaching jobs. Wolf won and the pensions stayed the same. Basically Wolf bought and paid for their votes.

·
Super Moderator
35,573 Posts
Polymer80 has a sale.
I'm thinking I want one or two of these...I saw their web page and they have sold out of all colors. It appears that I'm not the only one with the same desire.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking I want one or two of these...I saw their web page and they have sold out of all colors. It appears that I'm not the only one with the same desire.

I thought the Polymer80 prices were high. Maybe check at Brownells? I really want to do my own build one day soon.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
More of the definition games. What is 'sex', 'abuse of power'? What is 'unfinished'? What is a 'firearm'?

I have a piece of metal and a milling machine.

·
17,585 Posts
The link only has one page of the document, which doesn't tell one much.

Most random blocks of aluminum are "unfinished firearms" so what's the definition of "unfinished firearm". Therein lies the rub, me mateys.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe, just maybe his anti-gun stance will be enough to get people to stand up and vote to keep Wolfs like out of the statehouse when his term runs out. My wife also works for a school district and believe me the money isn't flowing in due to Wolf. The leftist teachers union shares a lot of the blame with the two big cities for giving us Wolf. They voted him in to preserve their blood sucking pensions which threaten to bankrupt the state. I have no problem with the state standing up to their agreements, that's only fair, but those agreements needed to be changed for future teaching jobs. Wolf won and the pensions stayed the same. Basically Wolf bought and paid for their votes.
Except for the fact that Corbett was an imbecile... PA is paying the highest tax for gas in the country...thanks to Corbett. He'd did zero during his time as governor for 2A, oh.... and the entire Paterno=Sandusky crap was on his watch. Same goes for that dolt Ridge. Wolf is likely a bit worse.

·
Super Moderator
35,573 Posts
I thought the Polymer80 prices were high. Maybe check at Brownells? I really want to do my own build one day soon.
I'm not up on prices for this stuff but you guys can take a look and see.
https://www.80percentarms.com/products/gst-9-pistol-frame/

Brownells is competitive. Reading the reviews of the DIY poly lowers, they are hit and miss...as are most reviews. The ones that concern me are those that say that the walls are thin and flex.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I received an end of year email from The Glock Store.

What caught my attention was this;

"As much as we hate to do so, let’s start off with a bit of unfortunate news: starting January 1st, 2020, we will no longer be carrying Polymer80 products. We’re grateful to Polymer80 for all their efforts in the firearm industry. We can’t say much, but unfortunately it’s hard not to see the changing tides surrounding 80% firearms.

Don’t worry though, we’re not pulling out of the 80% market completely. We will still be selling our SS80 for as long as we are legally able, and we may have some other options available soon as well!"

It looks like the clock is ticking and I may have missed the boat. If you are thinking about a new build I wouldn't wait too long.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts