Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A++ for Pearce Grip Extensions it took my 709 to a whole new level in shooting.

This feels like a new gun , the whole fit is different now , actuallyly have a place to put my pinky without wrapping it under the old grip , uncomfortable but it worked.

In the few seconds to take one grip off and slide the new one on , this became my new favorite , favorite gun . Still fits all holsters I have two 709's one has a CT laser one doesn't , the new grip on the gun helps to readjust the low left in the aim , if you have ever had that.

Just want to point it out that , it is so rare to buy something simple that works so well. reasonableonable price.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've got 'em for my LCP and Glock 36 and one of my XD's. (adds a round on the Glock) Wouldn't be w/out 'em. Might get expensive if you put them on every mag but they really help that grip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm my dream world, GAP would make a floorplate for the 709. They just make them for the glock subs, are +0 and still don't give your pinky somewhere to sit, but are incredible. They look like the floorplate of an HK P2000sk. So there's no more grip length to hide, but they wrap under your ring finger and greatly help control/recoil, as well as "grabability" from your holster.

If you guys see a similar product for the taurus slims, let me know.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The extensions came today! Man oh man does it feel better! I'll go and shoot it tomorrow and see how they work. A good friend went down and got a 709 stainless after he saw mine and will show him the grips in the morning! Seems to make the grip just mold into your hand!

·
Banned
73 Posts
Please advise if the Pearce extension pinches when you fire and the gun cycles. I have a brand X (ebay) extension that feels great. But there is a small gap between the extension and the bottom of the butt so when my gun cycles this gap closes (caused by stripping the next round, I think) and pinches my pinkey which rests against the gap. It's not that painful but it gets annoying after shooting enough magazines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts