Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pawn shop find: PT99 satin nickel **NEW GRIPS**

Picked this up because it was there and I had never seen one in person although I'd probably seen one online somewhere before. Production year 1991.

It's about 98% and having field stripped it, I can't seen any indication it's ever been fired. Disappointing as I usually enjoy cleaning these pawn shop guns but there ain't much to clean on this one.

Oh well, I'll find something to tinker with.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Beautiful pistol! Good find...

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Two tone! Very nice looking gun. Great find. Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
37,571 Posts
Excellent acquisition!! Congrats.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the exact same gun with the original grips. It's dead on accurate, you'll love it!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I need to order some wood grips for my PT92 I have Hogue rubber grips on it now and they are great grips but the wood really sets it off, but that's just me

·
Registered
14,864 Posts
Very nice! :thumb:

I prefer hammer fired pistols over striker fired. Why? Because I've never had a FTF on hard primers with a hammer fired that's why!

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Congratulations to you on your new-to-you PT92 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I found some period-correct medallion grips on eBay for $18 that are in reasonably close condition to match the rest of the gun. I think they look a little better in person than in this pic.
Those black checkered are nice too. What are you going to do with them?;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts