Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was poking around my local pawn shop today and happened upon a Ruger 10/22 that was in terrific condition. Although I didn't really need a second 10/22, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one and put it on layaway. It looks like the stock picture below. I really like the looks of it, I'll probably keep it stock and not mess with this one. My other one I'm in the process of turning into a project gun, I have a stock and bull barrel already picked out for it and I'll be upgrading that rifle soon.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I've always wanted a 10/22 with that stock that looks like an FN2000...

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
I bought my first 10/22 about 40 years ago and I swear I wore it out. Accuracy and reliability both went, so last year, when PA. announced we could use semi-autos for squirrel hunting, I bought a new one in S.S. with a heavy barrel and wood stock. Unbelievably accurate and never a hiccup. Congrats on your find and hopefully you get to shoot it enough to eventually wear it out. There is no doubt there will be a lot of fun between the first shot and the last.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle!

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Great gun. My only complaints are the rotary mag - not a fan. And on both of mine, the bolt does not lock open on the last round - and to lock and unlock the bolt is kind of a pain. However, those are just minor problems on a gun which so darned much fun to shoot. Next to the M&P 15/22's, they are the favorite .22 in my Shooting Sports Club.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Congrats! The 10/22 is certainly on my list.

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Congrats on your new to you 10/22

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Cool pickup and since you have one already, I don't blame you in making one a project and the other stock.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I was poking around my local pawn shop today and happened upon a Ruger 10/22 that was in terrific condition. Although I didn't really need a second 10/22, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one and put it on layaway. It looks like the stock picture below. I really like the looks of it, I'll probably keep it stock and not mess with this one. My other one I'm in the process of turning into a project gun, I have a stock and bull barrel already picked out for it and I'll be upgrading that rifle soon.

Is that the Carbine , Takedown or Tactical ? That is one nice rifle . Maybe i'll get one someday .

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
I'll probably need to get another one down the road just because. :D I really love the one I have, VERY accurate with CCI standard velocity and it's a stainless model I got at a gun show 15 or 20 years back for 150 bucks. I put a volquartsen hammer/sear in it and cleaned up the trigger and put a Hogue overmolded stock on it. I put a little 1.5x4.5 scope on it. It's done. I love shooting it and have popped a few squirrel with it.

Oh, and I'm a HUGE fan of the rotary magazine. It's smooth and 100 percent reliable and compact, don't stick out and get in the way. I have a 25 round stick mag for it, but never use it.

·
Super Moderator
35,539 Posts
Just noticing, that new 10/22 pic you posted seems to have an aftermarket mag release.

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Sometimes those happen stance finds are the funnest! Enjoy the new rifle when you get her!

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations on your second 10/22 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

IMO, Ruger 10/22's are the Gold Standard of .22 semi-auto rifles. You can't go wrong with one in good condition! :smile:

I have one that I bought back in the early 1980's and it has been absolutely stellar.
My favorite rifle for dealing with Raccoons at close range. I've killed a lot of small game and shot a lot of targets with it.
Quite a few friends and relatives have fired it and loved it, as well.

Mine is topped with an old Simmons World Class 3x to 9x 32mm Rifle Scope, which spends most of it's time set on 3x.
It has a black polymer ventilated handguard, extended magazine release, and Flash Suppressor installed.
Was kind of going for that "M1 Carbine" look back then. I do have some aftermarket 25 round magazines for it, but I rarely use them.
Don't have a pic of mine, but I plan to take some of it, soon.

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just noticing, that new 10/22 pic you posted seems to have an aftermarket mag release.
I'm not sure if mine is like that or not, but mine is definitely different. The mag release is a button that you simply push, and it pops out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts