Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my fourth and final classroom (I am student-teaching at a high-school) observation from the supervisory prof at college.

Got the thumbs up, with high marks too!

Guys, I'm basically done with grad school - I only have a project to finish and a comprehensive examination to face (God Save me!!).

I picked up a Kahr CW9 for just under a 4 bills. No clue when it will ship or be here, but I will give it it's due when it arrives. I'm buying it for deep concealment/pocket work, so I don't go unarmed when I'm on the bike. I'd rather not risk the nice Tristar!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congrats on your new Kahr, look forward to hearing how it shoots after you've taken possession. :)

Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Congratualtions Rifle Shooter, buying yourself is a nice way to pat yourself on the back after all
the hard work you have gone through. Let us know how it shoots.

·
10,379 Posts
Congrats bud, you've chosen a difficult career to pursue, wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congratulations on your education and choice of firearm.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Congrats Rifleshooter on finishing your schooling, truly a great life milestone. Congrats on picking up a very fine weapon as well. You will find that slide is very tight on the Kahrs and I do believe you probably will have to "sling" in the first 500 rounds as I an doing with my Kahr PM45. You will notice it loosening up after 200+/- rounds though. I even disassembled it, cleaned it and lubed the rails at 200 rounds and noticed a big difference. Happy shooting bud.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You deserve to treat yourself after all that hard work. A celebratory dinner only lasts so long, but a good gun will serve you for years.
Congratulations on your accomplishments.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Zip, Will, and the rest of you guys. Y'all make me feel GREAT!

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Congratulations! Good luck with your career.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Congratulations on both!

Teaching isn't easy, you do it because you want to not for the money! :D At least that's what my wife who worked as an aide for a while says! :D

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Congrats, what will you be teaching? tuff job, yet very rewarding, my son is a orchestra teacher grades 3-12
I'll be teaching two sciences - with my luck, I'll get physics and chem. :-(

Ah well, in this economy, you can't look a gift job in the mouth, or something like that.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Rifleshooter, congratulations on the teaching job and the Kahr. Try and get those kids to work hard...but on occasion you have to cut them some slack.

One technique for making up tests that I have used that cuts down on some of the whining is to have the students make up some of the questions for the exam. I usually gave them the heads up that I would be using their questions for 20-25% of the test. Then distribute or post on the web all the questions submitted (do not identify who submitted what). You will probably have to modify some of the questions to be used but it gives the students some basis for studying and review. Give them several days to look over the questions before you test them. This helps to cut down on the BS of not knowing what to study or having time to prepare. Most students wouldn't submit questions - these are the dumb asses - so you really are not likely to be swamped with copying for redistribution (could get a student or two to do this).

Another technique: If the test is going to last for the entire class period (dealing with college students) I would give them time enough to read thru the questions then permit them to use their books or notes for a limited time say 5-10 minutes. Time really flies when you are having fun.

Good Luck

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
You have to have a Master's Degree to teach High School in Colorado?

Jus Axing
:icon_ rasta:

Anywho...Congratulations on both counts!
:thumb:

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Well done! Congratulations on your accomplishments and on being smart! They need for educators prevails!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Congratulations. If you choose to live and work in Kansas, it will soon be legal for school personnel to carry guns on school grounds, depending on the regulations adopted by the local school board. Crazy, huh? Teachers able to protect students from bad guys?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts