Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Taurus offer a "parts kit" to replace common parts in their guns?
Sig sells a parts kit that includes all springs needed for the model you specify.
I recently purchased a used PT945 and I would like to replace the springs since the round count is unknown to me.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
No idea, best bet is to call them and ask.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i think you should run through your parts manual or call them with your serial num and just order one of each part or the ones that would be more and likely to break.......the parts are cheap. Most of the parts are like $1 and $2. To give you an idea.......the firing pin is $2. The barrel is like one of the most expensive parts. It would not hurt to get one of every spring, ejector and extractor (if they let you), pins, firing pin, levers, etc.

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
When replacing springs, I generally go by condition. If your PT945 was in Good to excellent condition, it probably did not see that many rounds to need much spring replacement. My PT92 had about 17,000 rounds thru it before I replaced the Firing Pin Spring and the Recoil Spring. It still has all it's other Factory Original springs. .45's have a slightly accelerated wear schedule, say between 8,000 and 12,000 rounds. The only Gun I've really had to go thru and replace most of it's springs was my WWII AC code Walther P-38. At the time, it's springs were some 45 years old and most of them were still good, but I wanted to be sure. Magazine Springs do take quite a beating with all of the cycling and need periodic replacement. Depending upon the Manufacturer of your magazines, sometimes S&W 4506 Springs will work in the PT945.

By the way, there is an article I wrote in the FAQ that talks about a Trigger Change I did on my PT945. It will discuss partial dis-assembly of the lower reciever. That may help you with some springs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
yea, it will be a long time before you need to replace any springs, unless you shoot competitively and shot thousands of rounds weekly. I was thinking the greatest purpose for having extra springs around is if you lost one while cleaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts