Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being on the phone with Taurus for about an hour they refuse to send me the mag release and spring for my pt145 pro that I have owned from new. Now originally when I bought it I was told it has a lifetime warranty, but now because of the lawsuit all they will do is send me a G2C in 9mm. Well great but I already own that, and this is a 45acp that fires great, it just won’t hold the mag in. It’s probably just the spring, but the release itself looks like too much was taken off originally or had warn off over time. Anyway any one know where I can get parts? Another firearm maybe, a particular parts dealer? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
Look to buy a spare for parts. Try and gauge the spring size and poke around websites for spring manufacturers? There never have been aftermarket parts by internet sellers that I know of.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Set up an automatic search on GunBroker.com for "taurus parts" or "taurus kit". Every once in a while, various Taurus models come up and some are very reasonable (like $35). You could try to refine the search, but I find that if you search for 145, it won't always pick up PT145. Sometimes the listing is for a PT-145 or PT145 or PT 145 or PT145SS and the GunBroker search is unpredictable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know if the magazine release from a taurus 24/7 would work?

·
Administrator
35,295 Posts
Anyone know if the magazine release from a taurus 24/7 would work?
It should. The parts between the 24/7 Pro and the MilPro line were identical in those guns, right down to the mags being compatible (if it was long enough for the gun you were trying to put it in).

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I find lots of parts on EBay. A lot of 24/7 and old PT111, 140, and 145 internals, slides, and barrels show up.

Maloy

Well after being on the phone with Taurus for about an hour they refuse to send me the mag release and spring for my pt145 pro that I have owned from new. Now originally when I bought it I was told it has a lifetime warranty, but now because of the lawsuit all they will do is send me a G2C in 9mm. Well great but I already own that, and this is a 45acp that fires great, it just won’t hold the mag in. It’s probably just the spring, but the release itself looks like too much was taken off originally or had warn off over time. Anyway any one know where I can get parts? Another firearm maybe, a particular parts dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys, Numrich is "Out Of Stock" on both 145 pro and 24/7 pro parts. i did find a guy on ebay whom i purchased the parts from. if i had the extra cash i would buy the SS slide, extra barrel, and spare parts he had. anyway thanks again. Taurus really let me down on this one.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
^^^ Don't feel alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts