Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sign up for the soon to come (I Hope) instructional thread post on how to make my own wood grips.

I am sure you have a wealth of knowledge to share as to how to get started. What not to do, how to design, fit and finish those beautiful wood grips. What wood recommendations do you recommend?

I know many here preach the art of reloading ammunition, I would really be one to more appreciate the art of wood working.

Please share your knowledge with me/us.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Very interesting indeed. Maybe it will come to be if one waits long enough.:)

Reactions: Panda and jonrjen

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
I want to sign up for the soon to come (I Hope) instructional thread post on how to make my own wood grips.

I am sure you have a wealth of knowledge to share as to how to get started. What not to do, how to design, fit and finish those beautiful wood grips. What wood recommendations do you recommend?

I know many here preach the art of reloading ammunition, I would really be one to more appreciate the art of wood working.

Please share your knowledge with me/us.
I'd be happy to share my knowledge with anyone who's willing to give it a try. Let me think of the best way to present it...stay tuned!

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Ohhh - I think that's a GREAT idea!!!

Reactions: Panda and jonrjen

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sign me up too!

Reactions: jonrjen and Panda

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Ohhh - I think that's a GREAT idea!!!
Okay folks, here is the first installment in what I'm calling Stage 1. I foresee Stage 2 as the method of cutting the wood into panels, drilling the grip screw holes, etc.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I'd be happy to share my knowledge with anyone who's willing to give it a try. Let me think of the best way to present it...stay tuned!
You can take pics of the wood I sent you showing your setup and add commentary after each step. I am always interested in how things are done.

·
Registered
832 Posts
In for the updates! I've been a "cobbler" (item 6 in this list) for many, many years, and have a saying that I "measure with a caliper, mark with a grease pencil, cut with an axe and caulk to fit".

Time to learn some precision work, thanks for being willing Panda!

·
22,323 Posts
Yeah, Panda does amazing work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts