Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for the right Kel-tec P3AT pocket gun. I want a hard chrome slide with a grey frame and just can't find one. I see that K-T has colored slides now, green and tan. What are they doing for them? Are they powder coating them?

If I could find a H.C. slide pistol I could buy the $30 grey frame and swap it out but I have found a blued slide/ grey frame NIB I'm thinking about and then maybe Parkerizing it or painting it. Thoughts?

I'd rather the H.C. for corrosion, scratch and wear resistance than a plain blued slide. Grey because it looks nice with the H.K... Second choice would be Parkerized with a black frame but I can't find one of them either, at least not at a good price. I'm mostly looking at Buds. Were else should I be looking (that I don't have to register and have an account to use)?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies... What about duracoat? There looks like there are multiple types. Which is the most durable while easy to apply? I assume the heat cured?

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
I would think Keltec uses duracoat or Cerakote. If you can't find the combination you want, I would probably by the frame color and then coat the slide. Both duracoat and the cerakote are quality products, I just haven't used them before.

My first plan would be try to find a hard chrome gun and purchase the grey frame. Less work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have a blued slide grey frame one coming and will be Duracoating the slide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts