Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Richard. I cannot find definitive information on the subject of timing with Taurus revolvers so I figured I'd go right to the source. What is considered by Taurus to be "in spec." in relation to cylinder lockup and hammer fall? S&W's require that the cylinder be locked into position by the bolt before the hamme reachers full cock in slow single action cocking. Colt's on the other hand, do not lock up 100% until the trigger is actuated. When should a factory-new Taurus revolver lock the cylinder on each and every cylinder during the hammer/trigger cycle to be considered "in spec"? What would constitute "not in spec" in regards to Taurus revolver timing of cylinder lockup? There is seemingly no good info on this matter on the web and I know you are in a position to ask the guy across the hall exactly what the criteria is and share it with we Taurus owners.

What procedure does Taurus recommend for testing this critical aspect of revolver function and servicability? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Sorry powerkicker but this is basically a duplicate post to what you posted in Richard's long and involved Intro thread.

If Richard doesn't get back to you on this, maybe try emailing or PMing him via the board.

Steelheart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.