Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Taurus, a PT111. This will replace my G19 as a carry gun.
I have a question concerning Taurus reccommendation on lubes. The book says to "lightly" oil everything (much like I do my 1911 Kimber). My Glock likes to be dry, just a drop of oil in a few certian places.

First, how much, if any, of the original packing lube should I remove? (seems like a lot is in there)

Second, what routine seems to work best for you guys on your Taurus pistols? Wet, dry, or something in between?

I'm guessing a light oiling of the barrel and a couple of drops on the slide rails.????

·
Administrator
41,718 Posts
Just as well remove the packing lube, particularly from the barrel. If you shoot much at all, it will soon be gone anyway. That stuffs ok for storage. I lightly oil mine with a Q-tip or pipe cleaner in the places you mention and anywhere else parts rub together. Check it weekly to be sure there is always some oil present. :thumb: :zzz:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I tend to strip and clean my guns when i get them :)
That way I can apply the lubes that I want and then I know what is on and in them :D

Oh BTW...I hope The Prof...does not see this ,you might end up cross-eyed from reading all the homework..

lol..... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.