Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No pics! Just wanted to pass along that the Pachmayr rubber sleeve for the TCP 738 solved my issues of gripping the firearm.

I just received 2 of them for my TCP 738's. I carry one TCP 738 as a secondary firearm and my wife now carries one instead of her 24/7 Pro C for CC. I had previously reported while shooting them that they had a tendency to slip out of my hand and I had to hold on extremely tight to secure the weapon while firing. After weighing the pro's and con's on a sleeve or pinkie extension, I went with the sleeve. It has solved mine and my wife's issues. The sleeve is barely noticeable and does not affect the operation of the firearm except the ability to hold it more securely. IMO I hope this helps for anyone with the same issues.

My TCP 738 has approx. 400 rds without any issues.

My wife's TCP 738 has approx. 200 rds without any issues.
Both are the "C" model

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Glad you found a 'fix', and Thanks for sharing the info. I've been considering a 738, but knew I would have a similiar problem. By any Chance, do you recall the number for the Pachmayr grip?? I know they have several sizes and are numbered like 3, 4, or 5. I was looking at Hogue's Handall, but it still seemed big. Thanks,

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tried the Hogue Handall, Jr. and it is not a good fit on the TCP. Not a bad product, it's just a fitment issue. The molded in finger bump on the front is positioned wrong, considering the large trigger guard of the TCP. Save your money and get the Pachmayr number 05176. I have one now and it's perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts