Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new here and have a question. I recently ordered a set of pachmayr grips for my Taurus mod. 82 revolver and am having a problem with installation. I bought the pistol in 1991 and it has the small wood grips and since I have fairly large hands, the new grips would fit me a little better. So here is the problem I am having, the holes in the bottom of the new grips don't seem to match up with the little rod in the butt of the pistol. If I force the rod into the holes, they don't seem deep enough and the grips are spread apart and the screw that goes through the grips won't tighten up. I hope this makes sense and am looking for some advise.

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I think the previous gen medium frame had the grip locator pin in a different spot and the pin itself was a different size than is currently used. FWIW, I have used a S&W Model 10 (k frame square butt grip and it fits fell enough for function.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the previous gen medium frame had the grip locator pin in a different spot and the pin itself was a different size than is currently used. FWIW, I have used a S&W Model 10 (k frame square butt grip and it fits fell enough for function.
Thanks.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
They wont fit, I tried a pair and finally had to buy a pair of grips for a new model 66 from Taurus and they fit. The Pachmayr grips wont fit models with serial numbers that start with letters. Dont file the pin or modify it the frame is different. I made a pair fit by carving away a lot of rubber around the trigger guard and inside where it meets the frame on the top of the grip, but I would recommend just buying a set from taurus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts