Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I picked up a pt92 on black friday. I had not had any time to shoot it until this week. I had a GREAT time with it! first time shooting a full size handgun. So much easier to control than a glock 19! i have some large hands though. And would like the grip size to be a bit bigger on my pt92.

I have decided on the Pachmayr wrap arounds with finger groves i think but i have a gew questions i have not found on other threads.

1) How soft is the rubber on them? From the pictures it looks like the Pachmyrs are a bit harder rubber than the Houges.

2) If i decide to use the optional backstap supplied with the pachmyrs, is there a cutout in the rear of it for the Taurus security lock screw?

Thanks for the help guys! i have learned a ton of information on this forum.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Unless you have unauthorized hands that might touch the gun, it's doubtful that you'll use the key lock. My keys are in the box.
If you think that you'll need to lock the mechanism, just drill a hole where the key access is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put the Hogue grips on both my PT92 and PT100. I much prefer them to the Pachmyer grips.

View attachment 48209
Why do you like them better?? Im really wanting the finger groves to give my hands more surface are to grab onto. I wish Houge made the beretta finger groves for the taurus!

And as for the key lock, your right i almost never use it but it would be nice to know i would have the option to, kind of bad quality if you ask me that they did not design the backstrap to allow for it.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
1) How soft is the rubber on them? From the pictures it looks like the Pachmyrs are a bit harder rubber than the Houges.
2) If i decide to use the optional backstap supplied with the pachmyrs, is there a cutout in the rear of it for the Taurus security lock screw?

1) Yes the Hogue grips are softer.
2) The backstrap is made of soft rubber, very easy to cut out a hole for the security lock.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
That looks great! do the 1911 finger groove inserts fit well? am i going to need the hex screws that are a tag longer? or does the hogue kit come with the screws?
Thanks. All you need is a pair of scissors to get the inserts to fit. I don't think the hex screws are any longer than the factory ones. No the Hogue grips do not come with screws.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Hogue grips are a great fit and feel on the PT92 frame. On the other hand the Pacs are real nice also. The price difference is worth it if the feel in the hand is worth it. I have the Pachmayer finger groove grips on a 1911, the one thing that I don't care of is the fact that the finger grooves are hollow meaning that if you grab them on the ridge of the finger area they will collapes not causing your fingers to slide into the grooves.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I have the Hogue soft rubber on my 6 inch .357 magnum. They really absorb the vibrations. Do yours also absorb the 9mm vibrations better than the stock plastic ones?
Just throwing this out there but a 9 mm is not going to create a lot of recoil or vibration in this gun. The weight of it will absorb most of it, that said the finger grooves and rubber may give you more control if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Control increased ten-fold after i fitted the Pachmayrs. Havent tried the Hogue grips but with the results i experienced i don't think I'll need to. The rubber is soft and grippy but they have a plastic frame around it.

·
Administrator
19,758 Posts
I recently installed the Pachmayr finger groove grips on my older PT92 and very highly recommend them. I don't use the supplied backstrap.

Taurus PT92 w/Pachmayr Grip and Ghost Ring Sight

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like the Pachmyar grips as well. I also run mine without the backstrap. I think that you could use a single hole punch to make the hole for the keyhole. I strongly advise getting Beretta grip/frame bushings to make the installation much easier. I ruined and lost some of the first screws because they were so difficult to put in with the grips. Using the bushings and smaller diameter screws is really simple. Here's a video that I made about it a while ago.

jwc007,
Do you have any more pics of that ghost ring sight? Specifically a sight picture pic?

·
Administrator
19,758 Posts
jwc007,
Do you have any more pics of that ghost ring sight? Specifically a sight picture pic?
Nope! But I can take one. Will post one soon, when I get time to take it. I actually had one taken, but that got lost on another PC. I have a newer and nicer Camera, so it should be no trouble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.