Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses Pachmayr compact grips on their small frame Taurus? How do they fit and do you like them? I put a set on my wifes SW M36 and love the feel. They really fill the hand nicely.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I have a set and like them quite a bit. However, they don't live on any of my small frames as they bulk up the gun quite a bit and I use them for carry (except for the M94 which is an understudy gun).

Steelheart

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had Pachmayr Compac Grips on my Colt Cobra and Dick Spec, years back. Excellent control, but a bit sticky.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Had some on my wifes S/W 65...she liked them, i wasn't sure...
when i would shoot it,it just did not quite fit me right... :rolleyes:
they were pretty old..so one day i was cleaning it and the top of part of the grip came off..Yiikkkeees :eek:

Went down to the gun store and bought some Houghs...
wow..i liked them.. they added a 1" i think to the length of the grip... but did not make it to thick...+1 :)
now i can shoot it and it fits like a glove... ;)

think it really depends on what feels good in your hand..

PS..i have Ribber Grips on my Tracker and i like them, but now i am also getting a set of Houghs to try out... :D

BTW..those grips were the older style, don't now much about the newer Pachmayr Grips...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just bought a set of Hogue monogrips for my 605, last night. I plan to try them out, today, with some .357s. Report later on.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fired my 605 with the Hogue Monogrips, today. .357s weren't quite pussycats, but were about like a gentle +P. This was in sharp contrast to the boot grips. +Ps felt like standard pressure rounds, and Std pressure rounds felt like real pussycats. As far as concealment, the Hogue grips didn't bulk the gun up at all in the appendix carry or even the pocket carry mode.
Still the .38 +P Gold Dot SB round was the most accurate of the defense rounds, but I will be getting more familiarization with the .357s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts