Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1911 novice here.....I'm going to order the Pachmayr American Legend grips (Wood/rubber/finger grooves) for my PT-1911 and I'm wondering if my factory screws will fit OK? If I decide to get new screws, is there a certain size/type I need to get? ......TIA......

·
Registered
241 Posts
It seems that the Taurus Factory grip screws are designed to be used with the Taurus grips. I bought a set of 1911 wood grips, and the Taurus factory grip screws, did not fit properly - the head of the grip screw rested on top of the new grips. I bought a set of ed brown 1911 grip screws, and they fit properly with my new wood grips.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I lost one screw before I replaced my grips and ordered the Ed Brown and they fit fine... Remember that the factory grips are "thin" and most thin grips come with their own grips.

On the AL grips you will have to create a slip for the Swenson style ambi-safety... and rebate the top to allow the right hand safety to fit.

If you happen to be interested... I have an AL inletted set not being used to sell cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts