Taurus Firearm Forum banner

PA- Road Rage Gunfire

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  glenwolde 
#1 · (Edited)
This story appeared on local news stations yesterday.

"The couple says as they were driving, Parliament quickly came up behind them in his car and because of traffic they had to hit the brakes.
That is when Parliament allegedly pulled out a gun and waived it around at first. He then switched into the neighboring lane and fired one shot from his moving vehicle."
Link to short article here.

Now I'm thinking of those times I've flipped off some jerk who cut me off or was tailgating... A friend used to tell me to just let it go, but too I often I felt a "duty" to let someone know that at least one other human being recognized them for the bungholes they were. I'm happy to say that in recent years I've become more inclined to avoid conflict than perpetuate it, or instigate with my righteous indignation.

Anyone experience something similar to incident in the article.

p.s. I intended to post this in the Lounge. I'm sorry to have posted it in the wrong forum.

See less See more
#3 ·
I see idiots like this everyday. If they are a threat on the road I call 311 and say they are a threat and give them the license number. I had a big rig almost smash me new years eve 2012, that man doesn't work for that company anymore.

Reactions: Wingshot
#4 ·
I remember years ago my brother telling me a story. He was driving his minivan with his wife and kids on a rural road, and a contractor pickup truck came up behind him and aggressively tailgated him to the point of being dangerous. He let the idiot pass him, and then did a foolish thing. He gunned his own engine and began to tailgate the truck. The truck driver freaked out and started screaming and threw a temper tantrum, and then threw a hammer out the window at the minivan. At that point my brother wisely backed off. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Snug9mm
#5 ·
When I was a younger man if someone cut me off or did something stupid, I would yell or flip back.. Not very smart and somewhat Risqué. Now being somewhat older just ignore a lot of real bad Actors out on the roads.
The thing I still don't get is how anyone can drive change lanes and not use their turn signal on a Highway at these speeds!
What does it take to use that signal, you couldn't pass a drivers license test in any State without doing it!

Reactions: Marinevietvet
#6 ·
When I was a younger man if someone cut me off or did something stupid, I would yell or flip back.. Not very smart and somewhat Risqué. Now being somewhat older just ignore a lot of real bad Actors out on the roads.
The thing I still don't get is how anyone can drive change lanes and not use their turn signal on a Highway at these speeds!
What does it take to use that signal, you couldn't pass a drivers license test in any State without doing it!
Been there and done that myself but these days we all have to be smarter concerning other drivers.

#8 ·
I just hope that schmuck was not legally licensed to carry the firearm! Because if he was,
that sure would not help us any! :icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: Wingshot
#9 ·
Remember this is a different world out there.. Idiots now a days will shoot you and leave you to die for nothing... I have seen people get into a fight over a parking space.. Be careful out there all of the nuts are not in trees..

#10 ·
Road rage is bad in S. Florida and usually does not end up well. Seems like it peaked in the early 2000's, it is still bad but not like it was. Just looking at some one could get you shot. I will never forget the comment from a teen on the local news years ago when he was asked why he shot the other driver: "He looked at me hard!" I tend to ignore all the idiot drivers that cut me off or ride my bumper. It is not worth it.

#11 ·
We live in a world of "I want mine, I want it now, I want it first, I deserve it first, I don't care about you" society nowadays.
if your are not number one, you're a loser. You are not responsible for your actions, it is societies fault.

Tolerance, manners, respect and courtesy are a thing of the past.

When I get tailgated, I just keep slowing down. At some point they will go around. I wave as they go by, hand wide open with all fingers out in a friendly gesture and smile at them. Makes me feel good inside - got them and they didn't even know it.

I quit being in a hurry years ago. I leave for work a few minute earlier than I need to, so I can enjoy the drive. Let people in front of me if they are stuck trying to merge in. Wave the guy in the parking lot, stuck trying to get out of the lane, in front of me. Stop at the yellow light, not speed on through it.

I like to think that my little "nice acts" will rub off on others. The "pay it forward" attitude. Maybe it will catch on.

Reactions: Czechbikr
#12 ·
We live in a world of "I want mine, I want it now, I want it first, I deserve it first, I don't care about you" society nowadays.
if your are not number one, you're a loser. You are not responsible for your actions, it is societies fault.

Tolerance, manners, respect and courtesy are a thing of the past.

When I get tailgated, I just keep slowing down. At some point they will go around. I wave as they go by, hand wide open with all fingers out in a friendly gesture and smile at them. Makes me feel good inside - got them and they didn't even know it.

I quit being in a hurry years ago. I leave for work a few minute earlier than I need to, so I can enjoy the drive. Let people in front of me if they are stuck trying to merge in. Wave the guy in the parking lot, stuck trying to get out of the lane, in front of me. Stop at the yellow light, not speed on through it.

I like to think that my little "nice acts" will rub off on others. The "pay it forward" attitude. Maybe it will catch on.
We all have to decide how to handle something like this but I would caution you that smiling and waving at a tailgater as they pass you can be a trigger for that driver to escalate the situation into true road rage.

In today's society, especially among younger drivers, such a gesture would be considered "dissing" them and might lead to something worse.

Just something for all of us to think about.

I've reached the point where I make no eye contact and offer no hand gestures that might be misinterpreted, especially at night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.