Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking a various mags of mine and noticed that the ParaOrdnance P14 (.45) mags have the same upper dimensions as my PT145. They fit perfectly. My thought was for us Kommifornians (CA), we could use our P14 mags in both the PT145 with spacers and more inmportantly in the PT24-7.

Has anyone try to use P14 mags in a PT145 or PT24/7 .45?????

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
thomasanelson,
I have tried the P14 mag in the PT145. The blued mag has a better release than the nickel plated mag. I have not shot with the P14 yet since I just bought the PT145 SS today. I want to break it in first before I purchase the P14. I believe that it will work just fine. My question to you is where do you get the spacer for this mag to fit the PT145? I don't believe that TAURUS makes a spacer for their 45 Milleniums. Let me know if they do or where I can get these spacers.

CDP

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just bought the PT145 this week and picked up the P14 mag today. The P14 mag cost me $29.99 + tax. The other Taurus mags were $44.99, regardless of mag capacity. The P14 fits and works fine thus far without firing it yet. I will let you know after I try it at the range this week-end. 14+1 in a PT145.

CDP

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to the range yesterday and shot my new PT145, I ran 200 rounds through it without a hitch. I am still not used to the Heinie sites. If I were to replace the sites with optical or night sites will this void the warranty?

CDP

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought 2 of the ProMag mags, neither of which can feed the last round on the first try. They do, however, feed the first 9 just fine. Also, they allow a full mag to be loaded into the pistol with the slide closed, which the stock mags won't.

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
CDP said:
If I were to replace the sites with optical or night sites will this void the warranty?
No! The sights will not have an impact on the internal function of your pistol, which is the main concern of the warranty.

But if you do ever have to ship the gun back to Taurus for service, put the original sights back on it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
CDP, the p14 mags worked just fine????? i ask because i am about to buy a p14, and would love to own another pt145

·
Registered
130 Posts
fords4life said:
CDP, the p14 mags worked just fine????? i ask because i am about to buy a p14, and would love to own another pt145
They seem to work with snap caps.

I have a P12-45 and a P14-45.

I just bought the PT145 a couple of days ago and this thread is the first I've seen about Para mags fitting the PT145.

I tried the 12 rd P12 mag. The metal tube of the 12 rd mag seems to be the exact same size as the PT145 10 rd mag. The base plates are different, though. The Para base plate extends beyond the rear of the mag and interferes with the back of the PT145 mag well and won't go in all the way.

The factory 14 and 15 rd Para mags slide right in and fit perfectly with the right sounding click and so does my no-name 20 rd mag.

Then I loaded 5 snap caps into each of the 14, 15, and 20 rd Para mags and cycled them through the PT145 and they all worked. I'm guessing that the P13-45 mags will also work as they are a little longer than the P12 mags. And the P12 mags should also work with a change of the base plate but it's probably not worthwhile doing that.

Now all we need to do is figure out if the PT145 actually shoots with the Para mags. I'm hoping to get to the range next week and I'll report back.

Meantime, if you buy your P14, CDNN is having a sale on Para factory mags. Buy 5 get 1 free - brings it down to about $25 per mag (including the 15 rd mags) plus shipping.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/paraordnance.html

The Para factory sells the mags for about twice that on its website.

I've had my P14-45 for 15 years. Trust me, when those 15 rd factory mags are $25 each you back up the truck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i never tried it but if memory serves me right, the pt145 magazine is made by mecgar, and so does the one being used by paraord p14. the mag may fit and lock in place but it will protrude out of the magwell.
if your only intention is too have more rounds for your 145, then good. but concealment will be compromise. reliability i'm not that sure, try firing the gun a few times in order to check ok.

·
Registered
279 Posts
my reason for wanting them is since i am buying a p14 and wanting a pt145 again i can carry just extra p14 mags for backups for either weapon. the p14 will be my primary and the pt145 a backup, and 2 extra 14rd p14 mags to be my reloads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, new to the site, but not a newb. Anyway, I know that I'm resurrecting an ancient thread here, but since nobody followed up on the topic, I was just wandering if anyone has actually fired rounds through their pt145 using the p14 mags. Do they feed reliably? Any issues? thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My question is, how does the Para ord mag function in the Pt145. The OEM mags for my PT will not feed. Other than that I like the gun and would like to keep it, but if I can't get it to be reliable, its gotta go. Also, does Para have a 10rd mag that would work?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had a chance to go to the range over the weekend and both the old style(black) and new style(silver) P14 mags work great with FMJ's. Cycled every round and locked open after the last shot.

Sorry, don't have any HP's to test right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts