Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,as you all know i just got my new pt145 last week.i am wanting to get some good ammo for self defence.I have 1 box of WWB 1 box of (i dont remember the name because i got it over a month ago)its a green box and 1 box of wolf.i will be running all 3 boxes though it next week.i need to get a box of defence ammo and i am not sure if you can use +p in it.the barrel wall is so thin.what do you run though yours?

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
I shoot Winchester +P, Remington Golden Saber +P, and Corbon +P through my PT145 all the time, not constantly but usually 20-40 every practice session. Shouldn't cause any problems.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
According to the Taurus catalog, all of it's pistols are rated for +P ammo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
After reading threads like these, I started hunting for SD rounds. Here's what I've gleaned: most 45ACP rounds shoot under 1000fps. +P doesn't really seem to enhance velocity, recovery time or shot placement as much as I was anticipating. I also was concerned with the short barrel of my PT-145. After a pile of looking and deliberating I'm using Speer 230gr Gold Dots for Short Barrels. I'm no authority mind you, but I've lurked and read until my butt is pretty much as flat as a dj's. The other brand that I considered is the Remington Golden Sabers. I use 102gr Golden Sabers in my NAA 380.

·
Administrator
35,629 Posts
The 45acp will go +1000 fps if you use a lower grain bullet, say 185 gr - the Corbon +P is a good example of this. Personally, I don't think this means a whole lot - I'd rather have a 230 gr bullet traveling 900 fps than a lighter bullet, I think that history has proven that the 230 grain projectile is a darn good manstopper just like it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts