Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i use this in my 24/7 pro cds? The manual doesnt really specify and i get mixed results when i search online. The manual does have a little chart with 9mm at 1225fps. This ammo is 1220 so i think im good to go just want to make sure.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
8,812 Posts
From a Taurus manual:

WARNING for “+P”​
Only fire SAAMI rated Plus P (“+P”) ammunition in Taurus Models designated byTaurus for +P use as below. Firing +P ammunition in other Taurus products maybe dangerous and can result in serious bodily injury or death.Model 85 small frame revolver in 38 Special.Model 850 small frame revolver in 38 Special.Model 851 small frame revolver in 38 Special.Model 85 Polymer small frame revolver in 38 Special.Model 82 medium frame revolver in 38 Special.Model 817 medium frame revolver in 38 Special.All firearms chambered in 38 Super Automatic.All firearms chambered in 45 Automatic. (ACP)All firearms chambered in 9mm Luger.
WARNING​
Even if your Taurus firearm is rated for Plus-P (“+P”) ammunition, suchammunition generates pressures significantly in excess of the pressuresassociated with standard ammunition. Such pressures may affect the useful lifeof the firearm or exceed the margin of safety built into many firearms. Unless you
need +P ammunition, do not use it, particularly for practice.

· Super Moderator
27,406 Posts
WARNING
Even if your Taurus firearm is rated for Plus-P (“+P”) ammunition, such ammunition generates pressures significantly in excess of the pressures associated with standard ammunition. Such pressures may affect the useful life of the firearm or exceed the margin of safety built into many firearms. Unless you
need +P ammunition, do not use it, particularly for practice.

Personaly....I would pay attention to that.
May I ask? Why do you want +P anyway?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.