Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be totaly cool if Taurus where to manufacture an exact duplicate of the 9mm P-35 BHP single action.

I think that it would send ripples through out the gun world as we know it now.

Reactions: andreew

·
Registered
311 Posts
Better sights would be nice, though. Novak Lo-Mounts, or the like. I like the Heine straight-8s, but I recognize that puts in the minority.

Reactions: andreew

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes, better sights would be good. I imagine that if they did do it, the PT-35 could be had for a decent price, maybe $400-500 on par with the PT-92 and PT-1911.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If Taurus came out with the BHP, I could see the American church of John Mosses Browning (Taurus bashers) having a fit about it.

I would think that Taurus would manufacture the (PT-35/P-35) with all the BHP improvements like the exterior extractor, eliminating the magazine safety, and of course better, sights, lets not forget dark bluing finish with wood grips.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yep it would be very cool if they did. This is what I am thinking. Taurus should make an exact replica of the BHP, only with a poly frame (sort of like the CZ 75 Phantom). It would also be chambered in .40 S&W. AND it should sell somewhere between $350-$400.......

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I have had enough polymer and matte black. I want my guns made of steel and shiny like God intended.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
It would be totaly cool if Taurus where to manufacture an exact duplicate of the 9mm P-35 BHP single action.

I think that it would send ripples through out the gun world as we know it now.

while I like your idea a great deal, I would hope that Taurus would NOT put their world-famous rollmark on it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the rollmark a lot. Just not on this pistol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think a clone from a company named arcus is available. I have not seen one but I did buy a shortened double action version called the arcus 98 D.A.C. . It is a commander length double action version that at this point I have put several hundred rounds through without any problems at all. It takes the same mags and field strips the same and I only paid 300 bucks for it. I really like the pistol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts